Hi. Can anyone help?

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Well good morning all I've just done my BG level and it was 15.0 last night 26.5 the nurse would like me to self test twice a day alternate times on different days.

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum

Glad you had a positive experience with the nurse, got the slow release meds increase and are still testing. It is important to work in partnership with our skilled medics:)!

Diagnosed 13/4/16: T2, no meds, HbA1c 53, FBG 12.6, Trigs 3.6, HDL .75, LDL 4.0, BP 169/95, BPM 85, 13st 8lbs, waist 34" (2012 - 17st 7lbs, w 42").

16/6/16: FBG AV 4.6, Trigs 1.5, HDL 2.0, LDL 3.0, BP 112/68, BPM 6O, 11st 5lbs, waist 30", PWV 7.0. Lifelong migraines and hay fever gone.

Regime: 20g LCHF, run 1 mile daily, weekly fasting, occasionally longer fasts.

Reactions: 2 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
What are they this morning first thing and are you taking your upped meds now?

Diagnosed 13/4/16: T2, no meds, HbA1c 53, FBG 12.6, Trigs 3.6, HDL .75, LDL 4.0, BP 169/95, BPM 85, 13st 8lbs, waist 34" (2012 - 17st 7lbs, w 42").

16/6/16: FBG AV 4.6, Trigs 1.5, HDL 2.0, LDL 3.0, BP 112/68, BPM 6O, 11st 5lbs, waist 30", PWV 7.0. Lifelong migraines and hay fever gone.

Regime: 25g LCHF, run 1 mile daily, weekly fasting, occasionally longer fasts.

Badboydavey1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Took BG levels at 6-30 and they were 11.5 but suffered with stomach with stomach pains in the night (painfull)

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Took BG levels at 6-30 and they were 11.5 but suffered with stomach with stomach pains in the night (painfull)

Well those BG readings first thing are an improvement:)

Maybe the doc can help with the pain and ascertain if they are new regime side effects.

DIAGNOSED: 13/4/16: T2, no meds, HbA1c 53, FBG 12.6, Trigs 3.6, HDL .75, LDL 4.0, BP 169/95, BPM 85, 13st 8lbs, waist 34" (2012 - 17st 7lbs, w 42").

UPDATE: 16/6/16: FBG AV 4.6, Trigs 1.5, HDL 2.0, LDL 3.0, BP 112/68, BPM 6O, 11st 5lbs, waist 30", PWV 7.0. Lifelong migraines and hay fever gone.

Regime: 25g LCHF, run 1 mile daily, weekly fasting, occasionally longer fasts.

Badboydavey1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi need help urgently my levels were 12.9 at lunch and I've just tried to take them again twice and my meter comes up with HI what should I do

A

Avocado Sevenfold

That is just my advice. Others will be along soon with more experience.

It means your bg is over 30 and needs sorting. Best wishes.

Badboydavey1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi all thx for your advice,I called 111 and they said to drink plenty of water while the send out a paramedic so when paramedics come they took my BG and they was to my surprise only 20.8 so I don't know if I went to low or to high cause I was used to high twenties and low thirty shut since upping the dose of gliclazide its been around 11 or 12 ,anyway they didn't see any point taking me in but they said if anything changes to ring for ambulance straight away which I didn't need so once again to everyone who posted back,at least I no there's help out there and I will post this mornings BG level my BG level is now 13.0

Reactions: 4 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi all thx for your advice,I called 111 and they said to drink plenty of water while the send out a paramedic so when paramedics come they took my BG and they was to my surprise only 20.8 so I don't know if I went to low or to high cause I was used to high twenties and low thirty shut since upping the dose of gliclazide its been around 11 or 12 ,anyway they didn't see any point taking me in but they said if anything changes to ring for ambulance straight away which I didn't need so once again to everyone who posted back,at least I no there's help out there and I will post this mornings BG level my BG level is now 13.0

It was the right thing to do and have you peace of mind:)

Badboydavey1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thx Kevin and yes I think it was the right thing to do its just that I've had this message up before several times when my levels were hi

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thx Kevin and yes I think it was the right thing to do its just that I've had this message up before several times when my levels were hi

Glad your improving:)

D

debrasue

The only bad post I had was off my close friend she has suffered with diabetes for a good few years and she is a large woman and she said don't listen to them on dcuk forum as they don't know what they are talking about, just listen to your local district diabetes nurse (once a month) now my friend has made no changes, she said you can still eat the same foods (in proportion) she drinks and she is blaming the gliclazide for the weight gain but gliclazide don't increase weight , it just stimulates the pancrease to make more insolin

A simple way to reach your own conclusion on this is to take a look at the results people on here have been achieving, compare them with the results your close friend has achieved, and then ask yourself who appears to know best what they are talking about!
;)

D

debrasue

Hi, @Badboydavey1 - I've just been reading through this thread and you certainly have have some challenges recently, haven't you?!!
It sounds as though you've been getting some great support and advice on here too, though, and well done for reducing your BGs and for sticking with it up until now - it can't have been easy.
As regards achieving consistently lower BGs now you've got your new prescription, how about posting what you're eating each day on the thread http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/what-have-you-eaten-today.75781/ - along with your BGs at 2 hours after eating - and asking for any comments, advice or suggestions?
Of course it's entirely up to you whether you decide to take any of the advice, but it could throw up some useful pointers which might help.
Hugs