Hi...Don't post any links till you have 3 post ???

Desse

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Apparently I have only posted 2 questions since joining and I have only just discovered I have a message saying until I have 3 posts I should not post anymore comments as I will be marked as SPAM. Gee thanks ! has anyone else had a message like that ? I have no idea where it came from or when it appeared. OR WHAT I AM SUPPOSED TO DO ABOUT IT !!! Perhaps if someone replies to my post number 3 it will clear itself ??? Who knows, but it's not very nice. What's more this forum has grown and the webpages and layout changed so much I can hardly find my way around now! I have a fairly busy life and mostly only look when I have an email with a headline that catches my eye. Clearly someone must think I have done something wrong ! I didn't think I had, I'm just a bit socially inexperienced on forums and such.

Reactions: Type1Bri

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think it's an attempt to stop spam. If they don't have a posting limit before people can post links of any kind, then the forum gets infected with viruses etc. I was just thanking my lucky stars a couple of days ago that the influx of posts about illegal passports and other nonsense seems to have finally stopped.

What kind of link are you trying to post? I think they are especially wary of new members starting a whole lot of new topics - it's a red flag that some "flooding" spam activity may be about to start.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Desse A characteristic of spammers is that they post just the one post which contains a link to their snake oil web site. If you don't stay on top of them you get more and more until there are dozens of them every morning. Someone has probably come up with what they thought was a good idea to stop them.

What would you do?

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It's a message to dissuade spammers @Desse All newbies will get it.

Also, sometimes posts with links from 'old' members will also be held back until the link can be checked.

So nothing personal :) Without spam controls, the forum would be flooded and members could be vulnerable to malware.

Keep posting :)

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's a message to dissuade spammers....All newbies will get it.

Also, sometimes posts with links from 'old' members will also be held back until the link can be checked.

So nothing personal :) Without spam controls, the forum would be flooded and members could be vulnerable to malware.

Keep posting :)
I think the OP is called @Desse so may not get the notification.

Reactions: Ultramum

Night_Owl

Type of diabetes
Carer
Apparently I have only posted 2 questions since joining and I have only just discovered I have a message saying until I have 3 posts I should not post anymore comments as I will be marked as SPAM. Gee thanks ! has anyone else had a message like that ? I have no idea where it came from or when it appeared. OR WHAT I AM SUPPOSED TO DO ABOUT IT !!! Perhaps if someone replies to my post number 3 it will clear itself ??? Who knows, but it's not very nice. What's more this forum has grown and the webpages and layout changed so much I can hardly find my way around now! I have a fairly busy life and mostly only look when I have an email with a headline that catches my eye. Clearly someone must think I have done something wrong ! I didn't think I had, I'm just a bit socially inexperienced on forums and such.
I have just joined tonight because my partner was having a scary hypo and I was trying to get her to eat sugar but she was crying, screaming, calling me names and just not making sense. Was looking for advice but she finally seems to have eaten now and seems better. I got same message about 3 posts, don't understand it either?!

D

Deleted member 308541

I got same message about 3 posts, don't understand it either?!
After three posts on the forum, you can then post a link to another website / article in a thread without being seen as a spammer.

When I joined last year, my posts did not show till I posted three or four times. It's just one of the ways the Admins try and keep spam to a minimum and it's not personal. :D