Hi everybody

emiliano

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello everybody,
I am a 44 years old IDDM from Italy.

The onset of my condition was about seven years ago when I was 37. Since then I've been trying to control my condition both with drugs (insulin) and with drastic changes to my lifestyle.
By trial and error I've adjusted my diet so that now I am on an almost zero carb paleo-ish regimen. I exercise on a daily basis. I've found out that what works best for me is running and weight lifting.

Since the onset of my diabetes I've set for me three major goals: have a low HbA1c, avoid peaks in BG, inject as few insulin as possbile.

so here I am...

Attachments

• emi piccola.jpg
    emi piccola.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 164
Reactions: 2 people

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hello emiliano and welcome to the forum. There is plenty of help on here should you need any so just ask questions if necessary.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Ciao Emiliano, welcome.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Best wishes RRB :)

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tuna,People spitting on the floor and ironing.
Hello everybody,
I am a 44 years old IDDM from Italy.

The onset of my condition was about seven years ago when I was 37. Since then I've been trying to control my condition both with drugs (insulin) and with drastic changes to my lifestyle.
By trial and error I've adjusted my diet so that now I am on an almost zero carb paleo-ish regimen. I exercise on a daily basis. I've found out that what works best for me is running and weight lifting.

Since the onset of my diabetes I've set for me three major goals: have a low HbA1c, avoid peaks in BG, inject as few insulin as possbile.

so here I am...
Hi I am new to the forum I am also cutting out all carbs the only thing is I don't exercise apart from household chores ect trying to find an exercise regime that I will enjoy so no hope for me in the next Olympics I'm afraid.Good luck Andrea

Reactions: 2 people