Hi everyone, yet another newbie

Kipperdog

Hi all
I have joined the forum to find out more information about BG control and share experiences (and fears) as I am the only diabetic I know.

I was diagnosed with T2 about 18 months ago, had the classic symptoms, cold feet, dry mouth, urinating constantly. 1C and cholestorol leveles were very high. 2 x 500mg Metformin and 1 x Simvastatin were precribed My 1C and cholestorol levels came down dramatically.

since then, though, I find parts of my body are really cold (elbows, knees, ears and hands)
Does anyone else get these symptoms

Cheers

Chris

mullaneder

Dislikes
bullies, bad drivers ,recession,
hi kipperdog and welcome to the forum.there are plenty of people here to share with and ask questions to.when i was diagnosed first my sugar levels were high and i found that i was a lot colder than usual.especially my feet and hands and my nose,when my levels improved i found that the coldness did too.i should add also that the weather improved as we went into the summer.i will have to see what way i get as the weather is now starting to get colder.i might invest in a wooly hat and a pair of gloves.i dont have as much body fat now to keep me warm also.hope you start to feel warmer soon

dermot

Kipperdog

Hi Dermot
Thanks for the reply.
I don't have as much body fat as I used to either, I lost about 20lb over a year (I think partly due to the medication and partly because of diet). Like you, I am looking to wrap up warmer now the winter is coming.
I must say, I have felt a lot better mentally since visiting this site, I now have a better idea of how to control my sugar levels with diet and am looking forward to the challenge of maintaining my health in a positive way rather than guesswork.

Thanks to all the contributers to this site and forum

Cheers

Chris

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya kipperdog and welcome to the forum :D
hope you find what you are looking for :D