1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2017 »
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Hi everyone!

Discussion in 'Greetings and Introductions' started by 8rucem, Nov 6, 2017.

1. 8rucem

8rucem Type 1 · Newbie

I have been a Diabetic my whole life being diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes when I was a year and 10 months old but didn't control it in my teenage years which lead to major eye complications in my 20's. I am now 29 and never felt better or stronger after deciding that Personal Training was not only something I enjoyed but also gave me a better understanding on how to easily control Type 1 Diabetes. I couldn't reccomend exercise and healthy eating any more

• Like Like x 3
  2. therower

therower Type 1 · Well-Known Member

@8rucem . Welcome to the forum. It's good to hear such honesty and positivity.
    Exercise is often overlooked, but is a wonderful way to control the condition.

• Like Like x 1
  3. lizdeluz

lizdeluz Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi @brucem and welcome to the forum. I'm looking forward to reading your posts on pt, exercise and diet for T1.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Deanoh

Deanoh Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Welcome @8rucem

I also find exercise brings down BGs really well too, doesn't even have to be any major exercise, personally still learning my foods, as I was only diagnosed within the last 2 weeks, I may have to pick your brains at some point! :)

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook