Hi, I'm new

diabeticmum

Hello there, I'm Louise, married with four kids aged from 18-6 years. I been insulin dependent for 15 years. I try to keep fit, and look after my diabetes, but it is hard sometimes, and my control isn't what I would like it to be. Still I try not to let it rule my life, I dont really know many other diabetics, so I am hoping to meet some new people here, and get some support? My doctor is talking about putting me on a pump ,if my control doesn't improve within the next six months, I would be interested to talk to anybody on one, and if it has made a difference? Looking forward to getting some replies.!!!

tubolard

Dislikes
Fasteddie; Richard K Bernstein; William S. Atkins; Rosemary Bloody Conley;
Hey Louise, and welcome to the forum.

Have a look around, we have a lot of very friendly members willing to talk about most anything. We also have a dedicated pump forum where all matters pump are discussed.

Hope you enjoy your time here.

Regards, Tubs.

jopar

Hi Losie

Welcome to the forum

Boy you must have your hand full with just keeping up with the chidren let alone the diabetes on top! I have been using a insulin pump since last June, and for me it has been a fight to get mine, I fought for 2 1/2 years for it...

From the first week I felt better, it was strange to go through a week, let a lone a couple of days with out a hypo... It took time to tweak the pump to get things like my basal setting right, but with saying that I still felt better in myself... And I'm improving every every week with control... It hasn't only had the positive improvement of my control of my diabetes, but has had a positive effect on all parts of my life, as I had become very down and frustrated as I had had very good control for 15 years of diabetics, then everything went belly up... Until I got my pump

My diabetes is where it belongs under my control, I now control my diabetes and it doesn't control me, it lives with what I want to do...

As Tubs has pointed out we do have a insulin pump forum, so any questions you may have feel free to post them, you are more than welcome to PM me...

Orchid

Hi Louise

I'm Orchid, I've had diabetes for 34 years, some of those good, some not so good. I'm quite new here, but have been inspired by the people here to want to do better, so many of them have really good HBA1Cs etc. and they all seem happy to share their successes and what works for them.

I also have 2 children aged 15 and 10 - both have diabetes too. I feel this forum has helped us all. So far we've had a great week. I hope the next set of clinic visits we all see some improvement.

I hope you will feel welcome and encouraged too!

Orchid x

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya louise,
welcome to the forum :D

suzi

Dislikes
people who are rude and ignorant, and people who have no patience in queues.
Hi Louise,
Welcome to the forum, its a fantastic place, if you want a moan or have a gripe, want a chat or some kindly advise, its full of imformation and friendly people. I'm glad i stumbled upon it, just wish i'd done it sooner, i'm a parent of a T1 10yr old, and this place has been a lifeline.
Suzi x

diabeticmum

Hello eveyone, thanks for all the replies, having diabetes can be quite a lonely experience, and its nice to be able to talk to other people about having this condition. My husband is very supportive, and close family, but other people I know don't always understand about having to eat at set times, and do endless testing. I am really glad I found this website, its seems to have lots of information, and advice. I only see my doctor for about 15 minutes twice a year, at my diabetic review, so it will be great to log on here, and discuss whats going on in the world of diabetes. Hope you are all having a good day. Louise