hi. my daughter was diagnosed with diabetes

arennie2006

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
on friday she was diagnosed and is in hospital until at least thursday. has anyone got any advice please, my wife will find out a lot of info while at hospital a lot more than me and I have been researching as much as I can

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi and welcome to the forum,

You will find this place an amazing source of useful info, and people are generally very friendly and helpful.

Have a look at the page that list all the forum threads. There's a whole section for parents and children. You may get a lot of advice and be able to share experiences there.

Good luck!

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello , welcome to the forum .

You probably feel your whole world has just been flipped . There will be loads of information to take in and loads to learn . Just remember to ask any questions you need to . Everyone is always constantly learning something new about diabetes who have had if for years .
I'm 22 and have had diabetes for 15 years . It is such a shock to the system , but just always look after diabetes , there will be hard times and very hard times , but just remember diabetes is do able and is defiantly livable .

Good luck throughout your journey . Loads of friendly people on here to try and help and advice stay strong .
Take care
:):):)

Reactions: 2 people

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi and welcome. Your daughter probably has Type 1 diabetes where anti-bodies attack the pancreatic islet cells. I suspect she will be placed on insulin and is likely to need to stay on it. If you have questions when she comes out of hospital then do ask; possibly on the Type 1 forum. Take care.

Hollister

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes :p
Hiya, yuo're an amazing dad trying to research for your daughter.
You've had alot of replies & hopefully she is doing well.
Feel free to email me on [email protected] if you need any help/advice.

How old is your daughter?