Hi. New here but not to diabetes

Pinkynperky10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello everyone. I was diagnosed with T2 over 22 years ago. I've been reading but not posting here for about a year.
About 3 years ago I was taken off Metformin due to my CKD getting worseso I was put on Gliclazide, well I might have been taking smarties for all the good it done. I am now on
insulatard in the morning and Novorapid for mealtimes.
I was diagnosed by accident, I had a uti due to a kidney stone, which turned out to be infected.
I had no symptoms relating to diabetes. So it did come as a shock at the time. Especially as it had already affected my kidneys.
When I was first diagnosed I was under the care of the hospital diabetes clinic. Back then the clinic I was under advocated cutting down on carbohydrates for T2s I followed that advise successfully. Now the nurse I'm under is horrified by this.
I look forward to chatting with you and perhaps helping others as well as asking a few questions myself.

Lin

Last edited:

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Hi pinkynperky and it is good to see you in person, so to speak.

Reactions: Pinkynperky10

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. It sounds like you are doing the right things. Your nurse is living in the past ref carbs, sadly, so just ignore that aspect and suggest she reads this forum to get up to date.

Reactions: Pinkynperky10

Pinkynperky10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks everyone.
I'm definitely sticking to my lower carb and medium fat diet, though I am somtimes naughty.
What I found hard was after going on insulin I joined a new gp practice and the look on the nurses face when I asked a question about insulin was a shock, she looked flummoxed . She is actually very nice and willing to learn but has this thing about me eating more carbs :eek:.

Lin.