Hi

goosey39

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My DN also offered me a meter (on loan) and a prescription for strips etc so maybe things are moving on.
The nurse was even more forward thinking than the DR. - thought it a good idea to wait three months before satins, recommended this forum and thought testing was a great idea. Even supportive of the LCHF diet - just reminded me not to much saturated fat but a balance.
I got back to DN on 22/6 for 3 month reviewo_O will be interesting if she gives me a script as she said she wouldnt put them on repeat,i wasted over half when i couldnt get blood, but i clean houses for a living and a couple of my customers are diabetic, they said its stupid they wouldnt give me repeats, both of theres do;);) so im ok for lancets and strips at the mo:happy::happy:

Reactions: Prem51

goosey39

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Spoke too soon, they dont fit yet same machine:wideyed::wideyed: did blood before tea 3.7 now cant do it anymore

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh got more strips and lancets :D receptionist put them on repeat for me :wacky:
@goosey39 Can I just ask what machine you have please? I bought a Code Free, I'm just wondering what my chances of getting strips and lancets on prescription are.

Reactions: goosey39

goosey39

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Codefree, the DN gave me it but said she wouldnt put them on repeat as they were too expensive:rolleyes: but receptionist did:)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Codefree, the DN gave me it but said she wouldnt put them on repeat as they were too expensive:rolleyes: but receptionist did:)

Oh so it is possible, thanks for your reply! I have a follow up in July for my first HbA1c test since diagnosis. If it shows an improvement maybe I can bargain with them as it is proving invaluable to me to gauge how I doing. After all if I can prevent complications I'll save the NHS money in the future

Reactions: Prem51 and goosey39

goosey39

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh so it is possible, thanks for your reply! I have a follow up in July for my first HbA1c test since diagnosis. If it shows an improvement maybe I can bargain with them as it is proving invaluable to me to gauge how I doing. After all if I can prevent complications I'll save the NHS money in the future
Yes my follow up is 22nd June

Reactions: Rachox