high amylose corn starch?

DaftThoughts

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I think this is probably another 'getting our hopes up with unreliable claims' article. The majority of test results on animals (mice) are thrown out the window because they can't be replicated in humans. It makes these results virtually meaningless. It also mentions that type 1 diabetics are typically diagnosed before 14 years old, which is an extremely outdated notion and makes me question the article's reliability as a whole. Type 1 can develop at any age, as this forum is testimony to.

Case in point: they were able to selectively breed mice to develop and trigger a rodent variant of type 1 diabetes, which was suppressed by this particular fiber. Last I checked, we haven't been able to either find out for sure why we get type 1 diabetes and how it's triggered, nor do we have the rodent variant of type 1 diabetes.

Combined with the reliability of animal testing and the variables that make these tests non-human in every single way, this is an extremely misleading headline with a lot of maybes that have no basis claiming we're closer to preventing type 1 in humans.

That's just my two cents though.