High blood levels

tallyjade

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Last September i moved to a new area and started a new school. At my old school my attendance dropped to 30% due to being in and out of hospital and being bullied about diabetes to the point being in a support unit . Then when i moved i went to a all girls because i thought i would get on better , so I started there and it was okay but then being in mainstream was stressing me out . Then i had been in hospital 4 times within a month. Then i have now been signed off school ! And i am getting tested for mental health . Has anyone else had this type of problem?

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am sorry to hear of your troubles at school, it must be taking its toll...

The thing that stands out for me and that is obviously making you stand out to your peers is the fact you are in and out of hospital and off school all the time.....

realistically this can be avoided, but its not your fault.....you should be getting support and education on how to manage your blood sugar......

are you or have you had this support?

could you elaborate on the diabetes specific bullying? what kind of things do they say....? If you don't mind of course...

Reactions: tallyjade

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm sorry to hear that. I get bullied too, but not for diabetes, over something else.