1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2017 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, Royal Holloway, University of London are conducting a study to understand how people with diabetes create and share knowledge online. Get involved here »
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

High Blood Sugar Levels

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Tahdah, Oct 18, 2010.

1. mrawfell

mrawfell · Well-Known Member

Pleased that something is happening, and they are making a serious effort via the insulin to get your levels down quickly. As for complications and insulin no. It does mean keeping control, and then you should have a normal long life. The problems arise when people don't keep control. Forget to eat, don't inject, eat the wrong things and don't correct it etc.

2. daisy1

daisy1 Type 2 · Guru
    Staff Member Retired Moderator

This is an old thread and the OP hasn't visited since April so she probably won't see your posts unfortunately.

3. Rafim

Rafim · Newbie

I am a bit surprised at the lack of referance to the glicemic index for diet.
    I am new to the forum but an old hand at type 2. I controlled for the 6 years with diet only and mt teh insistence of my doctor I am now on metaformin. I have always wondered at the ignorance of my fellow sufferers of the GI index but here is my advice to high blood sugar - obviously lose weight ( I lost 25% of body mass) but learn to eat LOW GI - understand that eeating white bread is like eating sugar, fire your dietician, eat 5 meals a day of only low, and then you too will be skinny (and freezing in the winter) miserable at what you cannot eat, but your toes will be in place and you will have a low H1.
    Good luck, excuse the lecture (it makes me mad to read about 30 million Indians suffeing from diabetes)

4. carty

carty Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Rafim
    Please dont generalise if I lost 25 per cent of my body weight I would
    weigh about 5 stone and be very ill
    CAROL

5. bignic147

bignic147 Type 2 · Member

6. bignic147

bignic147 Type 2 · Member

hi i just was told i am type 2 on thursday with a blood sugar of 27 had tablets for 2 days gliclazide 80mg now reading between 19.6- 21 range should i be worried still ??? thanks

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook