High Blood Sugar Levels

mrawfell

Pleased that something is happening, and they are making a serious effort via the insulin to get your levels down quickly. As for complications and insulin no. It does mean keeping control, and then you should have a normal long life. The problems arise when people don't keep control. Forget to eat, don't inject, eat the wrong things and don't correct it etc.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
This is an old thread and the OP hasn't visited since April so she probably won't see your posts unfortunately.

Rafim

I am a bit surprised at the lack of referance to the glicemic index for diet.
I am new to the forum but an old hand at type 2. I controlled for the 6 years with diet only and mt teh insistence of my doctor I am now on metaformin. I have always wondered at the ignorance of my fellow sufferers of the GI index but here is my advice to high blood sugar - obviously lose weight ( I lost 25% of body mass) but learn to eat LOW GI - understand that eeating white bread is like eating sugar, fire your dietician, eat 5 meals a day of only low, and then you too will be skinny (and freezing in the winter) miserable at what you cannot eat, but your toes will be in place and you will have a low H1.
Good luck, excuse the lecture (it makes me mad to read about 30 million Indians suffeing from diabetes)

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Rafim
Please dont generalise if I lost 25 per cent of my body weight I would
weigh about 5 stone and be very ill
CAROL

bignic147

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Not suprising you are feeling so ill with such high levels....

If I got nowhere with my GP and time restricted with getting an appointment, I have to agree that I would get down to A&E. I would be sneaky and do it in the evening after the suregery is closed, so that I wouldn't be told off by the staff for not going to the GP. Honestly if it was me, I would say that I can't get an appointment with GP, and I feel so ill I have had to come down here to A&E.

They will do the blood tests that you need and give you more time than a 10 minute GP test, you may also get a referral to the diabetic clinic and consultant. You cannot keep going at those levels, that is plain neglect by your healthcare professionals.

My quick test when I was diagnosed showed me as being only 17 (!!!)) and I was immeidately put on to a drip in the hospital and then introduced to the needle regime (type 1).-Along time ago (25 years), and things have certainly changed, but your account is definitely NOT for the better.

I hope that you can find a way to get yourself some help as a priority.

bignic147

Type of diabetes
Type 2
hi i just was told i am type 2 on thursday with a blood sugar of 27 had tablets for 2 days gliclazide 80mg now reading between 19.6- 21 range should i be worried still ??? thanks

willie01

Type of diabetes
Type 2
my diabetes never drops below 10 i have told the doctor about it and he does nothing i also asked for a referal to a clinic all i got was the clinc is here when there is none i see the nurse every 3 months for bloods nothing ealse