High ha1c level?

wanipuk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I am type 2 diabetic and on insulin and Metformin but my consultant wants to start me on dapagliflozin as of next week and my ha1c is 77 is this high or normal and anyone else on the new medication?

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Hi there. Just to clarify, you're avatar says Type 1?

wanipuk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Yer I need to change it my doctor's said I was type 1 originally

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi there, do you know why your doctor changed his diagnosis, ? are you now only on metformin? what type of diet do you eat? The reason I ask is that I had an hba1c of 90 at diagnosis, but I don't take any medications at all, instead I adjusted my diet and that was enough. I notice you originally said you were on insulin, have you stopped taking that? Do you know if you actually make much insulin or not? I had sky high insulin levels and glucose levels on diagnosis.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yer I need to change it my doctor's said I was type 1 originally

It really would help everyone to give you appropriate answers to any questions you have if you change the diabetes status in your profile settings. There is a setting for Type 2 insulin dependent.

An HbA1c of 77 is high, especially for someone on insulin. You should be aiming for 48 if you can. Your doctor should have given you a target to aim for initially. Are you on a mixed insulin, or 2 different ones?