Higher in the morning...

jamesalex

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@jamesalex just appreciated that you are focusing on body building as opposed to just weight training. In my mid twenties I was benching 150 kg at circa 85 kg, which I could do strength wise, but my wrists were not conditioned so would hurt, I also developed piles due to the straining, so now I max at 100 kg, and train at 50 kg slow and under tension. Your stats are good for your weight.

If you get the opportunity have a watch of "The Perfect Physique" it's on Netflix. In case you don't know about this documentary it is about 10 competitors who are a modern slimmer build equivalent of the Arnie type body builder - the link is that one of these guys is Type 1 diabetic (Jason Poston, diagnosed at 30 mmol, wow), he low carbs high fats. Interesting discussions on carb cycling, fasted cardio, time under tension, healthy fats, supplements, cheat meals etc.

Fantastic! I will watch it. Netflix has some greats on there...Pumping Iron, Generation Iron, CT Fletcher documentaries...I'm not going for a hulking mass monster look by any means...I'm a mesomorph type leaning slightly to the ecto side.....getting "big" would be a futile and damaging journey for sure!

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Cools thanks for your inputs i am planning to change my exercise regime soon may be will incorporate this thing too -to have meals first (i usually do light dinners- only salads) and then exercise ..hope that will help me in taming my FBG..
Great, keep us posted on your progression. I have undertaken a 30 day 100 pushup challenge, which I am 7 days into alongside my regular training. I gave myself 10 minutes to complete the 100, I have adjusted the difficulty so I have to complete within 6 minutes and use an active rest of front and side kicks, this is quite satisfying, as at first I split the task 40, 30, 30, then 50, 30, 20 and now 50, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10 - this is fun.

Reactions: jamesalex

jamesalex

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great, keep us posted on your progression. I have undertaken a 30 day 100 pushup challenge, which I am 7 days into alongside my regular training. I gave myself 10 minutes to complete the 100, I have adjusted the difficulty so I have to complete within 6 minutes and use an active rest of front and side kicks, this is quite satisfying, as at first I split the task 40, 30, 30, then 50, 30, 20 and now 50, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10 - this is fun.

Awesome! Don't forget to have complete rest days too!.....Jeff (Athlean X) Cavaleir has some incredible routines...great resource.

Raghu_Nandan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Definitely i will keep all posted on ..100 pushup challenge sounds amazing is there any link which i can refer to ? I am also following runsweet http://www.runsweet.com/ , by T1 athletes quite interesting and motivating stories ..also there are couple of groups on FB -Ketogains and T1grits which are source of great information...

I think we should have some dedicated threads on Macros, exercise and member should pore in their thoughts and insights ..which will help fellow members ..gr8 to hear from you guys -jamesalex &
Mbaker

Raghu_Nandan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I don't think you have to eat salads for dinner! I highly recommend www.dietdoctor.com for nutrition. Get your blood glucose under control and then, depending on goals you can play with the macronutrient and see how your react to changes.
Yeah actually i am "eating to my meter" , i found that i am spiking to grains even small amount of grains push my BG higher ...so i am mostly on chicken,fish ,eggs,nuts ,cheese and lots of veggies so kind of keto ... also taking Whey (Optimum , thinking about Isopure -zero carb or Grass fed one) with almond milk in mornings so pretty much following close to Keto or very low carb and high/moderate-fat and protein ...

jamesalex

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yeah actually i am "eating to my meter" , i found that i am spiking to grains even small amount of grains push my BG higher ...so i am mostly on chicken,fish ,eggs,nuts ,cheese and lots of veggies so kind of keto ... also taking Whey (Optimum , thinking about Isopure -zero carb or Grass fed one) with almond milk in mornings so pretty much following close to Keto or very low carb and high/moderate-fat and protein ...

For Protein powders I reccomened - PINK SUN brand - if you are in the UK. No additives, Organic, grass fed choices, isolates and concentrates. Unflavoured. I find it the best quality, plus they have a load of other goodies sich as Organic peruvan cocoa which I add....great shop.

https://www.pinksun.co.uk/

Reactions: Raghu_Nandan

Raghu_Nandan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
For Protein powders I reccomened - PINK SUN brand - if you are in the UK. No additives, Organic, grass fed choices, isolates and concentrates. Unflavoured. I find it the best quality, plus they have a load of other goodies sich as Organic peruvan cocoa which I add....great shop.

https://www.pinksun.co.uk/
Gr8 Thanks but i am the other end of Atlantic :) yeah will explore some other brands available here..although that website looks gr8 have lot of low carb stuff..