Hobbies

Peerless67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
What hobbies do you all have.

I have kept fish since age 8 started with gold fish in the pond then moved on to freshwater tropical, then some 25 years ago started keeping tropical marines. I keep a reef tank, it is my main hobby, but I have also been involved in breeding programs of tropical marine species. I had a stroke so gave up the breeding and now just keep a small reef tank.

My second is painting, I started painting following my stroke as therapy. I enjoyed it so much that I have just continued with it, I don't paint as much as I would like to but always enjoy it when I can.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Mine is messing with sound.
Creating sounds and then trying to make musice from them.
I use a MIDI keyboard connected to a computer and a guitar.
I use loops and make loops.
Soft synths tons of VST's.
I've been doing this about 18 years.
The last few years I've not done much as I'm simply not well enough.
Can't use my hands on some days.
But I've had and still have lots of stuff in folders which I finish as best I can and post them up.
Can be heard here ......
https://www.reverbnation.com/jackbackband

Last edited:
Reactions: Peerless67

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mine is messing around with boats. Mostly other peoples', because it's a rich man (or woman's) game but we do have a Mirror Dinghy and a small motorboat, although that's ashore at the moment and I'm contemplating selling it because we don't use it enough and I get increasingly frustrated and fed up with the incompetence and dishonesty of the British Marine Industry, every time it needs fixing. There is no truer aphorism in the English language than "a boat is a large hole in the water that you pour your money into" :)

Nevertheless, I will be going to the Southampton Boat Show, where I will try (and fail) to convince the people at Sunseeker that I can afford one of their products and that consequently they ought to show me around one or two of them :D.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Arts and crafts, table tennis and dog training classes.

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I work what currently feels like a million hours a week, and I'm also doing a degree at the same time.
Aside from growing veg in my allotment, my other sole hobby seems to be collapsing in front of the tv!

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I dont have many hobbies as I either dont have time or the concentration to do them.

I do like reading however I have found the past couple of weeks my attention span has reduced but that may be due to the increase in a medication I take for my bipolar.

I used to do x-stitch but due to eyesight problems I cant do that either

I like music and can be found regularly with my headphones in or my phone playing music

And I've just discovered walking can be fun. I'm up to 5km a day so I'm doing OK.

Other than that my life consists of my family so I do things with my grandchildren, children and stepson

C

chris lowe

Photography for me. Having a clear put the other day I found these from a black & white City & Guilds course I did about 17 years ago
babd7c80a115459f6bcb837ab735abfc.jpg
0ef4022d821df0e6f465c1c71f460e3c.jpg

cherylt1d

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, we have a tropical set up in our house also. Keep a variety of tetras, corys, angels and pleco/bn. Love sitting watching them swim around and i must admit get a little excited when i think my corys are about to lay eggs!

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Mine is probably board games, painting game miniatures, traveling..
We became as good as addicted to a board game for a couple of years called Hare and the tortoise.
haretort.jpg

Chadders1966

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
People who refuse to listen
I build model kits. I’ve won several awards at National level
fc75252723973a8c548b8c2bcd407a13.jpg

Reactions: wolfie11969

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Hobby ...well love my whippets we race one but she is our pet first ....and it is hard work getting a whippet to race fitness or maybe it is my age now lol........also love to read books and play on the internet

Levy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Taekwon-do, video games, and reading (mainly fantasy and crime/thriller)

D

Diabeticliberty

Fly fishing for salmon, sea trout, trout and grayling. Fly dressing for same species. Instructing on a semi professional basis for all these disciplines. Learning to play piano, clay pigeon shooting. Being a pet to my owner which is a labrador puppy. The most strong willed creature I have ever met in my life and I love her with all my soul

clairebear63

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi i love cross stitch and my hubby and i play indoor bowls too !
walking the dogs and being at our caravan in devon

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
I had an uncle who used to collect empty bottles.
As I grew older I realised it was a polite way of saying alcoholic!

Reactions: donnellysdogs