Hoping someone's awake to help me

Juju13

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi all I take metformin 500 three times a a day I missed my morning one due to having my niece graduation and didn't want the stomach problems that usually come with it I took one at 2.30 and then I havent took another I have eaten about two hours ago and I had one alcoholic drink about an hour ago can I take my metformin safely or should I leave it and take as normal at 9 in the morning?

Katey14064

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Maybe take it with some toast..Or just wait till the morning. I think you will be fine either way. When I was first diagnosed they gave me it as I'd built up resistance..And I kept forgetting...Was honestly fine! :) also alcohol won't be a problem. I've got red smashed on metaformin and been grand! :)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I take one of mine at bedtime but with a low carb snack, tonight I'm having some nuts with it.

Juju13

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I am honestly full up to the brim think I will leave it till morning surely missing one day won't be bad

Reactions: Rachox

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I am honestly full up to the brim think I will leave it till morning surely missing one day won't be bad
Just treat tomorrow as a new start to regular med taking. Metformin works from continuous taking but I've missed today too. I forgot to takeafter food and when I did remember it was too late, all day. I've been catchinh up on sleep from a bad night last night.
I'll try harder tomorrow!

Reactions: pleinster

AM1874

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
The advice is that if you miss one dose .. start again with the next one. Don't try to take your meds out of sync to catch up .. and it's only one tablet so missing it won't do you any real harm