Hormones. Aren’t they a b*tch?! - Girly Subject!

CrankyKat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
So I have been diagnosed with diabetes since early July this year and I have noticed that when my hormones get involved I have about a week of high bloods and obvious low energy!

During this time I have no option than to eat like a rabbit, cry and run... a lot!

Not only this but my chocolate and sweet cravings go mad and as a lot of you will know by now the sugar free sweet options are exploding with carbs so it’s a loose loose situation!

Please tell me I’m not the only one!

Liverpoolinot

Type of diabetes
Type 1
So I have been diagnosed with diabetes since early July this year and I have noticed that when my hormones get involved I have about a week of high bloods and obvious low energy!

During this time I have no option than to eat like a rabbit, cry and run... a lot!

Not only this but my chocolate and sweet cravings go mad and as a lot of you will know by now the sugar free sweet options are exploding with carbs so it’s a loose loose situation!

Please tell me I’m not the only one!

Oh girl, you are not the only one. I've been a type one for about 13 years, on an omnipod for about a year and honestly even i haven't figured out the hormone thing!

If you have a pod, I'd suggest about a 25% increase in your basal rate and give the hormones whatever they want just so long as you bolus and keep track.

EDIT just saw that you're type 2. In which case, I'd say take care of yourself and seek sugar free options!

Reactions: CrankyKat

CrankyKat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Oh girl, you are not the only one. I've been a type one for about 13 years, on an omnipod for about a year and honestly even i haven't figured out the hormone thing!

If you have a pod, I'd suggest about a 25% increase in your basal rate and give the hormones whatever they want just so long as you bolus and keep track.

I’m actually in metformin currently so unfortunately I have to sit and suffer!

Hotpepper20000

I find that I have to up the amount of fat I eat the week before. I eat moderate fat every other time but the week before and sometimes the first few days I way more olives and avocado.
It helps with the sweet cravings.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I find that I have to up the amount of fat I eat the week before. I eat moderate fat every other time but the week before and sometimes the first few days I way more olives and avocado.
It helps with the sweet cravings.
Bingo. Fat gorge. Avo helps me. Nuts make me cravy at that time. I need more fat but some fats just make me hungrier. Like nuts and mayo. More avo and a bit of cheese is enough. Once I go to carbs forget it

Reactions: CrankyKat

CrankyKat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Bingo. Fat gorge. Avo helps me. Nuts make me cravy at that time. I need more fat but some fats just make me hungrier. Like nuts and mayo. More avo and a bit of cheese is enough. Once I go to carbs forget it

Haha crisps are my one down fall as I can never eat just one!