How can I increase energy???

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh, fatty liver is caused by eating carbs, not fat.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ketogenic diet causes fatty liver.

How? If there is too much cheese, oils and saturated fats floating in our blood stream, where do they all get stored up and go in the end? In the liver and consequently in the pancreas!!!

So she relies on the high palm oil fat mice study for her "proof" .
That is not a well formulated ketogenic diet and if you were eating a diet high in palm oil you probably would be very ill.
Also a bit rubbish of her to use the "Newcastle Diet" results without crediting Prof Taylor..
if you are seriously trying to say that some woman off the internet has just "proved'" a ketogenic diet causes fatty liver then I'm afraid you are deluding yourself.
As you refuse to answer any questions about what this near fatal diet might have been then I suggest you stop making claims about what "almost" happened to you.

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I see your agenda is to push the myth that sat fat is bad for you. I don’t believe it is at all, but if your current diet isn’t working you have to change it. You can either increase fat or carbs, the choice is yours.

What woujd you suggest for breakfast , lunch and dinner? I’d like to know.

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So she relies on the high palm oil fat mice study for her "proof" .
That is not a well formulated ketogenic diet and if you were eating a diet high in palm oil you probably would be very ill.
Also a bit rubbish of her to use the "Newcastle Diet" results without crediting Prof Taylor..
if you are seriously trying to say that some woman off the internet has just "proved'" a ketogenic diet causes fatty liver then I'm afraid you are deluding yourself.
As you refuse to answer any questions about what this near fatal diet might have been then I suggest you stop making claims about what "almost" happened to you.

I’m not making any claims at all not trying to dispute that Ketogenic diet is fantastic.

Unfortunately it just didn’t work out for me I’m afraid.

People keep telling me to increase fat intake but they never told me which fats? Foods high in saturated fats? Forget it.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m not making any claims at all not trying to dispute that Ketogenic diet is fantastic.

People keep telling me to increase fat intake but they never told me which fats? Foods high in saturated fats? Forget it.

Then eat PUFA’s and see where that gets you. Seed and vegetable oils, margarine should do it, or increase your carbs. Your choice.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How many eggs do you eat a day? Can you manage seven cups of green veg a day? I barely eat seven cups of anything a day, that’s a lot of food.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

You weren’t eating a keto diet, you were eating a starvation diet of low carb, low fat and not much of it and you are hell bent on disputing the benefits of a keto diet with very poor science!

If your current diet is causing you so much fatigue that you have given up high level tennis then change it. What you change it to is your choice.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
These 3 breakfasts work for me:
Raspberries, Blackberries, Strawberries, Blueberries, Red Currents as a base in a bowl. On top of this Walnuts, Pecans, Macadamia, Brazil, a few Cashews, Almonds, Hazelnuts. 2 scoops of full fat Greek Yogurt with sprinkles of spices (ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg) and a line of 100% Montezuma dark chocolate - this is amazing.

Alternatively bacon, eggs, mushrooms (loads) and tomatoes (sometimes onions).

As I must be fat adapted on 2 to 3 days I have no breakfast, but you are not at this stage.

I am able to work out 2 to 3 times a day.

The good fats I use are butter, coconut oil (and real coconut), some olive oil and quality cheese (I lean towards Black Bomber and Wensleydale).

If you check the tragetory of obesity and diabetes since circa 1977 and plot this against the low fat guidelines you may see what is clear to me; prior to these guidelines people used most of the fats I listed, lard, dripping, fatty cuts of meat, full fat milk etc, with much lower rates of obesity and diabetes.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I eat low carb and the natural fats which are so often carefully removed from foods today - at 66 years old I have resumed all my old activities I had to give up when eating the high carb cholesterol lowering diet advised - and I walk distances I could never have managed before diagnosis, even in the cold weather. If the roads wern't so dangerous I'd get my bike out.

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Raspberries, Blackberries, Strawberries, Blueberries, Red Currents as a base in a bowl. On top of this Walnuts, Pecans, Macadamia, Brazil, a few Cashews, Almonds, Hazelnuts. 2 scoops of full fat Greek Yogurt with sprinkles of spices (ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg) and a line of 100% Montezuma dark chocolate - this is amazing.

As I must be fat adapted on 2 to 3 days I have no breakfast, but you are not at this stage.

The good fats I use are butter, coconut oil (and real coconut), some olive oil and quality cheese (I lean towards Black Bomber and Wensleydale).

If you check the tragetory of obesity and diabetes since circa 1977 and plot this against the low fat guidelines you may see what is clear to me; prior to these guidelines people used most of the fats I listed, lard, dripping, fatty cuts of meat, full fat milk etc, with much lower rates of obesity and diabetes.

Thank you this is very helpful

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Please tell me if any of the following are Keto and how much should I eat:

Cheddar cheese
Brie
Olive oil
Crispy pork
Roast duck
Roast chicken
Full fat dairy cream
Cold pressed rapeseed oil

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Even if the portions of your daily meals were quite large they are still likely to be energy deficient. These would be similar to those advised for weight reduction and, as an active man, it is no wonder that you are lacking in energy. Your profile states that you are on oral medication. If this is metformin then it may be causing very low levels of Vit B12. This has happened to me and I find an oral B12 spray a much better way to replace the vitamin than taking tablet supplements. The oral method bypasses the intrinsic factor route across the intestinal wall. ( Except in extreme deficiency, supplements are never absorbed as effectively as those from natural food sources).

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You weren’t eating a keto diet, you were eating a starvation diet of low carb, low fat and not much of it and you are hell bent on disputing the benefits of a keto diet with very poor science!

If your current diet is causing you so much fatigue that you have given up high level tennis then change it. What you change it to is your choice.

Thank you for your advice.

I will restart with Keto and try again from today.

Will need your guidance what to eat!

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Even if the portions of your daily meals were quite large they are still likely to be energy deficient. These would be similar to those advised for weight reduction and, as an active man, it is no wonder that you are lacking in energy. Your profile states that you are on oral medication. If this is metformin then it may be causing very low levels of Vit B12. This has happened to me and I find an oral B12 spray a much better way to replace the vitamin than taking tablet supplements. The oral method bypasses the intrinsic factor route across the intestinal wall. ( Except in extreme deficiency, supplements are never absorbed as effectively as those from natural food sources).

I’m taking Solgar vitamin B supplements at the moment

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Cheddar cheese
Brie
Olive oil
Crispy pork
Roast duck
Roast chicken
Full fat dairy cream

But you have said you won’t eat sat fat!
I’m leaving now as I suspect you are playing a silly game of attention seeking as your other threads clearly show you know exactly what you’re doing but choose to play ignorant.

Best of luck.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets

Cheddar cheese
Brie
Olive oil
Crispy pork
Roast duck
Roast chicken
Full fat dairy cream

Cheddar cheese
Brie
Olive oil
Crispy pork
Roast duck
Roast chicken
Full fat dairy cream

I would consume all of these, without going over board. The cheddar I would say a match box size, a little more for brie (some report inceased insulin resistance with cheese, so hopefully you are not in this camp). The full double cream I would do as a treat (Tesco extra thick is my personal favourite), some do this in coffee most days.

Olive oil I / we use without having it dripping.

The meats I have as a typical portion you would get at a cafe / restaurant. I do treat myself on occasion, like on Friday I went out with my daughter at Chicitos's and had a full rack (was too full after this) of non sauced ribs with a side of vegetables and another of citrus salad, at my stage this returned with a walk a 3.8 fbg the next morning.

The rapeseed oil is a good compromise for high heat frying which olive oil is not.

I am not the finished article as my latest A1c was 37 (5.5%) when I was expecting say a 34. In my case it seems that my upper high after meals becomes my A1c, even though I am in the 4's most of the time, weird as I have checked with a Libre and 3 finger prick devices). I will reducing my 2000 cal plus nuts and berries after meals. You may find that trial and error of nutrients is what you need.

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I would consume all of these, without going over board. The cheddar I would say a match box size, a little more for brie (some report inceased insulin resistance with cheese, so hopefully you are not in this camp). The full double cream I would do as a treat (Tesco extra thick is my personal favourite), some do this in coffee most days.

Olive oil I / we use without having it dripping.

The meats I have as a typical portion you would get at a cafe / restaurant. I do treat myself on occasion, like on Friday I went out with my daughter at Chicitos's and had a full rack (was too full after this) of non sauced ribs with a side of vegetables and another of citrus salad, at my stage this returned with a walk a 3.8 fbg the next morning.

The rapeseed oil is a good compromise for high heat frying which olive oil is not.

I am not the finished article as my latest A1c was 37 (5.5%) when I was expecting say a 34. In my case it seems that my upper high after meals becomes my A1c, even though I am in the 4's most of the time, weird as I have checked with a Libre and 3 finger prick devices). I will reducing my 2000 cal plus nuts and berries after meals. You may find that trial and error of nutrients is what you need.

Thank you for your advice.

So how do you usually increase your fat intake on a daily basis? Which oils, fats do you use to increase energy levels?