How do you record your blood sugar results?

Cookiebell

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't know if anyone remembers me but my blood sugars are still all over the place and I NEED to get a grip on this and sort myself out! I'm lucky to have no complications yet and therefore it's not too late to make an effort, eh?

I was just wondering how you guys record your blood sugar? Do you write it on paper or do you use an app?

I'd love to hear from you all...

Reactions: 2 people
J

Jonnyjibbsuk

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1430388364.168657.jpg
i use an app as I can email the data to the DSN anywhere anytime
It's gives a good and full details ... It's called Glucose wiz
It lets u add as much data as u wish and food noted and .. He'll lots
But am new to this my self but I am a massive geek and have looked at lots of em

June_C

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, know it alls
I use an app, but as I'm no techno wizard and wouldn't know how to email the info to the DSN or Consultant, I also keep a paper diary for their benefit.

J

Jonnyjibbsuk

June_c
You should try the app above ...
It's very simple and user friendly
And it will auto update to mobile as well so can keep up to date with everything

June_C

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, know it alls
Hi Jonny, Unfortunately it's not compatible with a tablet, so I can't download it. :(

Trixy83

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think I'm overkill! I use a paper book, 2 diabetes apps (Diabetes:M and Mysugr) and myfitnesspal. Each have different elements that I like, I'd love one that incorporated everything.

J

Jonnyjibbsuk

June ... Oh bum no fair !!
Trix from what am seeing with T1 no such thing as over kill
Long as keeps life going with a smile then that's the best for all

Natalie1974

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
June_c
You should try the app above ...
It's very simple and user friendly
And it will auto update to mobile as well so can keep up to date with everything

Not sure if I'm missing something...but can't see the name of this app...what's it called?

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I just want a decent recording function on the Libre. It tracks all my BS data (and I should enter my insulin into it - I do when I'm doing a test run to get some decent data), but none of these apps include Protein intake, which is as important as Carbs when you're eating as low carb as I am. If you look at my Carb v Insulin numbers, it looks like my ratio is 1u:7.5g, when the reality is that it is 1u:11.25g.

The result is that it will either be paper or a spreadsheet for me to do it correctly.

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Before the pump I used to write it all down in a home made printed spreadsheet which catered for all the information I needed.

But it was only necessary when I needed to evaluate a bolus dose or do a basal test, so when I started on the pump I just left the BG recording to my meter and only write out the results when I need to adjust my basal/bolus..........

:)

Reactions: 3 people
J

Jonnyjibbsuk

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1430392484.871792.jpg

But it is ave.....
Will keep looking for a better app ...watch this space then lol

fleurtess

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
spiteful people, noisy naughty kids
I use the Bayer site to download my glucose meter readings. Print it out and hand that into the surgery nurse. The nurse then transfers the printed readings to her computer and to the Diabetes Nurses Station. This works for me. The meter I use is a Contour Next USB.
I also know that I am 100% on target range. This wasn't always the case bit has been since attending a DAFNE course and learning about diabetes.

Reactions: 4 people