How many carbohydrates do you consume per day ?

How many carbohydrates do you consume per day ?

• Don't count carbs

Votes: 22 10.9%
  • Up to 30g

Votes: 20 9.9%
  • Between 31 - 50g

Votes: 38 18.8%
  • Between 51 - 75g

Votes: 21 10.4%
  • Between 76 - 100g

Votes: 44 21.8%
  • Between 101 - 130g

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • More than 130g

Votes: 31 15.3%

• Total voters

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
We are both intrigued how many people on this Forum state that they use a low or reduced carb method of diet/lifestyle.

We don't advocate one particular type of diet although we do think that a reduction of carbohydrates to whatever level suits you is beneficial........what that level is is the Member's choice.

So Folks......can you answer the poll questions as to quantities consumed. There is only one option.

We do not wish any justification or comments to be posted of what you do, or why you do what you do......just vote regarding the amounts consumed per day. If you do not feel able to vote then please do not feel that you have to explain why.

It matters not the age of the person. If you don't count the carbs for whatever reason then just vote for one of the options or ignore as the case may be.

It isn't for any particular reason, it isn't commercial research but just curiosity and all anecdotal as we often see Members who say they are low carbing but don't give any numbers. It is anonymous.

Ken & Sue
Forum Monitor's

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Our thanks to the 250+ people who have voted so far in response to our simple request. It is much appreciated and very helpful to us.

Keep the votes coming please....... :) Any questions....pm us.

cugila

Master
Dislikes

xorsyst

Given that >130g is the most popular category, should this be rerun with some higher categories for more useful data? I can eat 130g in one meal!

Etty

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So just over half (52%) are keeping carbs to 100g or less, and nearly a quarter (23%) are extremist fundamentalist fanatics with 50g or less.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Some days, I eat below 20g carb and others it might be around 50g. It's possibly even a little more than that occasionally. I don't weigh or measasure. Today's carb count is down to the milk in my coffees and the 5[ yes FIVE!} chips I had with my steak for dinner. I guess about 30 carbs in total.
i can't vote, because for me all days are different.. However, some days are almost carb free and I doubt if I ever hit 100.
I aim to keep bg below 6 pretty much all the time. Haven't managed it this week as the virus I've been suffering from has pushed the number up a bit. However I felt better today and fasting was back down to 4.1
Hana

slimtony

Etty said:
So just over half (52%) are keeping carbs to 100g or less, and nearly a quarter (23%) are extremist fundamentalist fanatics with 50g or less.

It's nice to finally read a scientific review that doesn't rely on high-inference language, Etty. :lol:

Reactions: 2 people

rowan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I wonder if a new poll might show a different result, low carb is becoming more popular all the time ;)

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I wonder if a new poll might show a different result, low carb is becoming more popular all the time ;)

Thats a good point rowan, just to say I am not a low carber, but have reduced carb intake.

lisacp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry for being thick but.... how do you access this poll? I can't see a link.
Another question is: I know that people will say that their isn't a right or wrong but what is a sensible level of carbs for a type 1? I have two units of insulin to every 10g carb for my evening meal which sometimes seems to make it a large amount of insulin.
I am going onto the insight pump tomorrow so too much going on in my head at the moment. :)

Donnab1

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry for being thick but.... how do you access this poll? I can't see a link.
Another question is: I know that people will say that their isn't a right or wrong but what is a sensible level of carbs for a type 1? I have two units of insulin to every 10g carb for my evening meal which sometimes seems to make it a large amount of insulin.
I am going onto the insight pump tomorrow so too much going on in my head at the moment. :)

Good question. I answered the poll about a month ago, but I no longer see a link either.