How much weight have YOU lost?

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
This thread is for people to share their weight loss triumphs.

Lost a pound? Great! Lost a stone? Awesome!

Share your victories here :thumbup:

Reactions: 2 people

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Lost over a stone since diagnosis.

However that was 5 years ago :)

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
70 pounds since 2012 although some of it was due to undiagnosed type 1 diabetes and the rest came off with low carbing and I'm now at the weight I want to be.

Reactions: 4 people

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
30 Kg since the start of the new year. MInd you, at the weight I was I could still eat 2000 cals per day and still be 1500 cal short of my minimum requirement. It's got difficult now as I am having to increase exercise and decrease food substantially to get any progress. Mind you, bloods are now all very low so, it does work. I want to lose 20 Kg more, possibly 30 Kg as a sort of consolidation and a buffer zone.

Best of all, my sweet tooth has gone. Apples, pears, tomatoes etc are all very sweet for me now. I steer clear of pineapple, grapes, melon etc.

pr126

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was diagnosed Type 2 in June this year, and I was 81 Kg.
Today August 23, reduced to 72 Kg, but aiming to 67 Kg to be within normal weight according to the BMI chart.
5 more Kg to go, and keep it there!

Quite pleased with the results.

Metformin 3 x 500mg daily.

destiny0321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
people who think nothing is wrong with you because they do not see blood or a plaster cast, i suffer with arthritis & use a zimmer & wheelchair but because they cant see anything wrong people assume nothing is wrong with you.
I am type 2 and within a year i have lost 4 st and still want to lose another stone or two
but still had to go on extra tablet as diabetes got worse on top dose of metformin & gliclizide
still heating healthier like on saturday going to my aunts birthday taking own diet coke & will eat very sensible.

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Wow, you're all doing so fantastically well!

Reactions: Paule Foster
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I looked up my records in order to reply. Since diagnosis in 2009 I have lost 11Kgs. Most of this was during this year. The funny thing is that I did not set out to lose weight but just find out what I shouldn't eat.

An update after my review weighing on 21 Oct 2013. I have now lost 13 Kg.

The weight loss just happened all on its own.

crazycat

Hi, I'm new here and this is my first post. I am sad to say that I am 32, 23 stone and injecting insulin for my type 2 diabetes.

But, I started weight watchers last week, the online version, and I lost 5 pounds in my first week. I think things may be looking up!

Having half your current body weight to lose is a daunting prospect, though. Any helpful tips on how to be successful?

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
crazycat said:
Hi, I'm new here and this is my first post. I am sad to say that I am 32, 23 stone and injecting insulin for my type 2 diabetes.

But, I started weight watchers last week, the online version, and I lost 5 pounds in my first week. I think things may be looking up!

Having half your current body weight to lose is a daunting prospect, though. Any helpful tips on how to be successful?
That's a great start! My best tip is to just stick with it and carry on even when things get tough - your body will thank you later :thumbup:

zaphod37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudice and bullying
I have lost 7 Kilos since July and feeling great, blood sugar is more often than not with guidelines so I am happy right now. Will have to wait until my next Hba1c test mid October.

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lost 22lb since the start of may, but its been a case of 2lb off, 3lb back on, then 3.5 lb off etc etc, so don't get disheartened if it goes up and down in fits and starts, its the overall trend over time that matters. I think that why they tell people not to weigh themselves too often. I weigh myself everyday, however I have nerves of steel and don't get put off very easily, i'm 2.2 lb heavier than I was on Friday, but the lifestyle change is here to stay and it will go down again.

whompa73

Dislikes
Chavs
Is not enough an answer? But I am loosing constantly and going in the right direction :thumbup:
Good luck to all :clap:

Dusk71

I lost 2.5 stone 7 years ago when I realised I could have more control myself (type 2) ...
I joined slimming world then and go every week to keep focused ( I now weigh everyone at group) I wouldn't give it up for anything.
Good luck crazycat. I have seen people with ur story turn into real successes. One piece of advice is if u slip up and have a bad day... It's just one day.. Don't ruin the whole week just restart the next day and carry on..I wish you lots of luck :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 6 people