NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How do you lower a1c?
You lower your a1c the same as you lower your blood glucose.

1. Cut back on the carbohydrate foods by focusing on eating the right type of carbohydrates!
  2. Exercise regularly
  3. Live a healthy lifestyle
Yes, I know, you probably get sick and tired of hearing that stuff but this is not rocket science, it comes down to commitment, determination, and work (yes work). Eating well does take a little bit of focus but is well worth the effort for the great results you can achieve.

librarising

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
How do you lower a1c?

1. Cut back on the carbohydrate foods by focusing on eating the right type of carbohydrates!
  2. Exercise regularly
Yes, I know, you probably get sick and tired of hearing that stuff but this is not rocket science, it comes down to commitment, determination, and work (yes work). Eating well does take a little bit of focus but is well worth the effort for the great results you can achieve.
I realise it was simply an oversight on your part, but you forgot to add :

4. Use your meter to test which acceptable carbohydrates are PERSONAL no-nos, and which can be tolerated.

;) Geoff

Reactions: mytype1.life

Art Of Flowers

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Intermittent fasting, e.g. 16:8 or 5:2 can also help you reduce A1C and lose weight if you are type 2. About 80% of people diagnosed with type 2 are overweight or obese.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How do you lower a1c?

2. Exercise regularly

Hmmm
My mantra would be

Cut down on all carbohydrates go as close to zero as you are able (try under 20g per day)
Exercise if you want to and can but it's not essential
Fast sometimes - it will help a lot.

oldsle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I highly recommend the Yummly app. Just do a search for keto or low-carb, and you'll find tons of great recipes. Or find a recipe you like and make your own version.