humalog

borderter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes! Celebrities and curry
just started humalog changed from novorapid and am having a bit of palpitation apx half an hour after injecting so wondering if anyone else gets this and will it fade as i get used to it

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
just started humalog changed from novorapid and am having a bit of palpitation apx half an hour after injecting so wondering if anyone else gets this and will it fade as i get used to it

Providing your bg is fine it could be down to anxiety with you changing to a new insulin? Just the same it's worth mentioning this to your DN/DSN if the symptoms persist.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Is it mostly in the morning? Coffee or caffeine? When I was on novolog I would always feel some idiosyncracy of some sort about 45 min later. I still sometimes get it on humalog but not as often or extreme. This is another huge reason i eat small so I can take small doses. The larger the dose the more I 'feel' something. I just imagine it to be when th einsulin and food are meeting but who knows...

Has it gotten better?

borderter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
No Kristin its not caffiene and yes its still happening also legs feel very wobbly too
Thinking about it its worse at evening meal jab and am wondering if its because I take my levemir at the same time so will leave a gap tomorrow and see if its any different
Really want to stick with it as it does the job well just uncomfy
See dns on Friday to check how its going so will be interesting to get her imput

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
No Kristin its not caffiene and yes its still happening also legs feel very wobbly too
Thinking about it its worse at evening meal jab and am wondering if its because I take my levemir at the same time so will leave a gap tomorrow and see if its any different
Really want to stick with it as it does the job well just uncomfy
See dns on Friday to check how its going so will be interesting to get her imput
Good idea on the gap. Lantus always makes me feel wonky so I take it before bed.
I eat my avocado bf and either take 1/2-1 unit depending on fast. . An hour later I take whichever one I didn't take. This second one always makes me feel weird. And I guess kind of high BP like and a bit trembly. I summed it's just a side effect of injecting a hormone.

Is dinner your largest dose ?

I hope it even shows out.

borderter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
It was the largest dose today but not always
My bgs rose from 7 to 11.2 in two hours so just hoping at bedtime its okay, strange in that nonorapid did the opposite lowered me in two hours then rose up after

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
It was the largest dose today but not always
My bgs rose from 7 to 11.2 in two hours so just hoping at bedtime its okay, strange in that nonorapid did the opposite lowered me in two hours then rose up after
That's what I didn't like. Lower first then spike with novolog. Had to split doses to avoid that.
Are you low carb? I'm vlc as I could never time my insulin to meals / macros to stay steady when I ate carbs.

masonap

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celebrity pop stars, football.

I'm on Humalog and I've never had any issues.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
No problems with Humalog...

TheBigNewt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I used Humulog since the time it came out and switched to Novolog/Novorapid a couple years ago and didn't note a bit of difference.

KAZY.T

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I'm on humalog and have been since it came outi haven't had any issues. I have just changed lantus to levemir and getting used to it hoping to go on a pump soon

borderter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Its obviously a personal allergy as back on novorapid with no problems since

fletchweb

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other

On average I take 2 - 4 shots of Humulog a day (total units 10 - 30) - I started using it about 10 years ago. No adverse reaction of any kind so far ...

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
been on both and not had any similar reactions