hungry at night

Darren692

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being judged for having long hair & riding a motorbike .
may be a silly question but I get really hungry at night had breakfast, dinner & cook at around 5.30 pm then I get very hungry around 7.00 every night all the time like I not eaten all day until I go to bed. even tried cooking later to see if it help but the some resort. thank you for your time Darren

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I used to eat my tea/dinner at 6pm every night and was always starving by 9pmish.
Now I eat breakfast at 9am, lunch between 2 and 2.30pm and dinner/tea between 7.30 and 8pm
This has greatly stopped me getting hungry in the evenings
I Don, t work so these times help me.
The only trouble that I can have, I have bipolar and when I am on a big high, I rarely sleep for a few days at a time and I then do start to feel hungry during the night, but I do think that's due to boredom

Reactions: goosey39

goosey39

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
may be a silly question but I get really hungry at night had breakfast, dinner & cook at around 5.30 pm then I get very hungry around 7.00 every night all the time like I not eaten all day until I go to bed. even tried cooking later to see if it help but the some resort. thank you for your time Darren
Hi :)
I dot generally eat after my pudding, but see alot of people have either pork scratchings or cheese for nibbles have you tried that?

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I guess it depends what you are eating for your evening meal. If it is too carb rich, hunger can quickly follow.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
welcome here Darren692 :)

I eat some nuts, just a small handfull when hungry in the night, or sometimes chew some sugarfree gum to have something to distrackt me...

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Yes. If I get accumulative higher bgs as the day progresses I get a carb craving. You @Darren692 ?