hypers

cyb3rminx

Dislikes
anything that is good for you
hi all type 1 basal/bolus
i feel very very silly but i had my tea very late this evening didnt eat till ten which is the usuall time i have my slow acting insulin like an idiot i took my night time insulin and not my meal insulin obviously i now feel terrible due to high blood sugars. i have looked on every webpage i can find for diabeties and there is nothing about what to do if you have a hyper or miss a dose of insulin. was wondering if anyone on here had any tips (beside the obvious of not forgeting to take the insulin in the first place ).any ideas tried or not would be very welcome

stabatha

I take my long acting insulin at night too , and sometimes I eat late so I do both injections at the same time, it makes no difference. If you took less of your long lasting I would just do another to make it up to the usual dose and inject the fast acting at the dose you would have done ,normally with your meal, it dosen't matter too much that you had it after your meal ,it is better than not taking it at all. This is the second post with this similar problem in the last week. Do you have different colour pens for the long and short acting insulins? I've got a blue one for long acting and a red one for short, so red means danger ,it's the fast acting. just don't mix them up the other way round or you will hypo in the night. Anyway don't beat youself up over it, with four children to run round after it's not surprising you have brain lapses, I often go scatty and Iv'e only got 3. hope you feel better soon. Take care :D

cyb3rminx

Dislikes
anything that is good for you
thanks for this advice at least now i know for the future if it happens again, which knowing me it more than likely will lol
:oops:

sofaraway

for me it would depend how long after eating i realised that i had missed my bolus, if it was within 90 minutes i would just take the meal bolus, if it was longer then i'd do a correction. i would always do either, or, not both at the same time