hypo attacks

123gw456

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
i have been .type 2 for the last 4 years and kept my sugar levels under control up to 2 months ago then started having these attacks.
i find a jam sandwich helps me get back to normal as any body any advice for me when out of the home or driving.

C

catherinecherub

Hi @123gw456,

Tell us a bit more about your medication, blood sugar readings and latest HBA1c and we may be able to help.
Sometimes false hypos are the cause of feeling unwell and this happens if you have been running high blood sugars and then your control gets better and they drop to a level that you are not used to.

123gw456

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @123gw456,

Tell us a bit more about your medication, blood sugar readings and latest HBA1c and we may be able to help.
Sometimes false hypos are the cause of feeling unwell and this happens if you have been running high blood sugars and then your control gets better and they drop to a level that you are not used to.
My sugar levels are 7 to 10% and i take2 twice a day 40mg. of zicron.
I also take 1 tablet of trajenta per day 5mg.
When i have a hypo attack my sugar levels go as low as 2%.
These have only been happening over the last two months.

PSS

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You need to contact your doctor and discuss your meds. It seems to me that they need to be reviewwd.

Eating jelly babies is often recommended a quick way to deal with a hypo.

Reactions: 2 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
As above, you do need a message review.
Until you do eat smaller meals more often, and stay away from high carbs like bread, spuds, rice, pasta and anything that might spike you.
Do you test? If you do test before and two hours later, then depending on the reading, if it's low, eat something low carb.
Let us know how you get on.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi and welcome. Zicron is called Gliclazide in the UK and can cause hypos if your dose is too high and your pancreas is still in a reasonable state. Trajenta is one of the Gliptin family and doesn't cause hypos. It sounds like your Zicron might need a tweak downwards? Do discuss with the doc.