Hypo control

leahnichols

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Guys,

So I have been having an issues for a little while with my levels going low at at a similar time for a little while. So I always seem to go low between 4pm and 6pm which seems about right because I do my rapid at about 1pm and I am more active in the afternoon. But, and this is particularly today, I can't seem to judge how much carb to have as a snack to keep me going until dinner and then how much insulin to have, that won't make my level drop too much for when I actually eat dinner. For example today, post lunch BB level at 4pm was 7 so between leaving work at 4pm and getting home at just after 5pm I had been nibbling on a bag of cracker crisps without insulin which are 12.5g carb. I tested again not long after I got home at 5.30pm and I was 5.4. So I had a few raisins (about half a dozen individuals raisins) and 8 units rapid on a 1/2 ratio for a bacon sandwich. I eat my sandwich at 6pm but at 6.30pm I'm 2.8, I really don't understand. Please help me understand what's going on. Thanks :)

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Perhaps you bolused a bit too early - the fatty bacon may have delayed carb absorption?

When do you take your basal insulin and how much? you would assume the bolus from lunch has gone (pretty much) by 4-6pm

Is your ratio normally 1u:5g carbs ? (for tea at least)