Hypo/Emo

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This past week I've had three lows that I know of, one of which this afternoon. I've found the probable cause, so I'll fix it, but... Can that be the reason I'm weepy? I'll cry over a bit of torn paper, which is to say, absolutely nothing, really. I'm over-emotional at the best of times, and changing my thyroid meds again already made me wonky, but this is ridiculous. I panic easily too, now. Is that a hypo-aftermath thing, and if so, how long does it last? Thanks!
Love,
Jo
(Female, HbA1c 39, 38 y.o., t2 diagnosed little over a year ago)

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Hi @JoKalsbeek
if you have tested and had blood sugars below 4.0 -- then the answer to your question is a definite YES

sometimes when I am on my way up following a hypo ( probably still in the 3's ) I often get weepy and can cry over just about anything.
it is a known symptom of hypo's.

can't help with the panic -- been doing this for 45 years and hypo's are part of life ( for me )

all the best !

Reactions: JoKalsbeek

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @JoKalsbeek , how low did you go and are you taking any medications for diabetes?
I don't technically take meds -LCHF does it for me-, but I do use CBD oil for my rheumatism. Which happens to also make me more sensitive to my own self-produced insulin. I just started a new bottle, and since it's not through the pharmacy, the percentage of CBD in the oil might differ a little, so I've been hitting lows. I was 3.5 at one point, with the shakes and everything, the other two times were 3.9 and 3.7. (But that first one was the worst. Most confusing/stressful).

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @JoKalsbeek
if you have tested and had blood sugars below 4.0 -- then the answer to your question is a definite YES

sometimes when I am on my way up following a hypo ( probably still in the 3's ) I often get weepy and can cry over just about anything.
it is a known symptom of hypo's.

can't help with the panic -- been doing this for 45 years and hypo's are part of life ( for me )

all the best !
Thank you. My husband will be glad to hear it, because he's been baffled at my tears lately, haha. (I'm not a very weepy person in general).

Reactions: himtoo