Ross.Walker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
sprouts, evil things
Afternoon all

I am normally good with my diet and exercise. The only thing I did differently yesterday was take some throat medicine which my normal pharmacy recommended, it was made clear I am on metformin 1500mg per day. The notes on the medicine showed nothing unusual.

At about 1 am I woke up in a sweaty mess, I did s test and was at 2.2. (I was at 5 before bed.) which is normal. After eating lots I was a little high on my morning test but all normal now.

Any thoughts on what would cause this?
Do I see the diabetic nurse / doc or is it a waste of time unless a pattern occurs?
What is your food of choice if this happens to you?
How long do you wait until testing after a high sugar input before eating more?

Thanks in advance

Rosss

theoldfunker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I read with interest your post
Hypo overnight
I hate the sweaty mess of wet pillow and t shirt so if my BG is less than 6.4 I will have a digestive biscuit before bed. I'm told this is wrong but the last hypo was weeks ago at 2mmol which really did scare me to what could happen as it's just me and the dog.
Diagnosed a year ago type2 and still learning.

Ross.Walker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
sprouts, evil things
I read with interest your post
Hypo overnight
I hate the sweaty mess of wet pillow and t shirt so if my BG is less than 6.4 I will have a digestive biscuit before bed. I'm told this is wrong but the last hypo was weeks ago at 2mmol which really did scare me to what could happen as it's just me and the dog.
Diagnosed a year ago type2 and still learning.

Thankyou, I may well have to do before bed tests, this is the "challenge" of living between 2 fine lines. It takes time to learn and mistakes to learn from

Keep smiling, enjoy life my friend. It's worth it

theoldfunker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thankyou, I may well have to do before bed tests, this is the "challenge" of living between 2 fine lines. It takes time to learn and mistakes to learn from

Keep smiling, enjoy life my friend. It's worth it
My diet has improved since diagnosed a year ago but I always look here for answers and this was suggested somewhere on the forum when I was looking up hypo at night. For more than a year I thought it was me and old age.
Yes mate keep smiling.

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
So your just on metformin?

I didn't think that medication would give you such severe lows....

Was there any alcohol involved or physical activity?

Ross.Walker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
sprouts, evil things
think that medication would give you such severe lows....

hello

No booze for 3 days before that incident. No exercise out of the ordinary either.

Not happened since, someone wiser than I by a long way said "finding the answer is like nailing jelly to a wall". May well have to chalk this one down to "**** happens"

Reactions: novorapidboi26