hypo

flojo1234

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
hi everyone its me chloe,
guess what? i have just had my first hypo. it was realy scary! it was 2.4! i had a mars bar and some lunch and i checked my blood 20 minutes afterwards and it had gone up to 7.7! phew!
from chloe.
P.S. please reply! :D

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Hypos can scare you, but mostly, they are not all that dangerous. it's no wonder your BG went up so fast after a Mars bar!( was it a mini one?) I know they're delicious, but Glucose tablets like Dextrosol, would be better for you as you can make sure you don't have too much.
Ask Mum to ask your doctor if tyou can please have some Hypostop, for just in case you have a sudden and severe hypo.
Remember how you felt when the hypo started to come on. That's your warning sign. that's when you need the glucose tablet, to prevent the hypo getting worse. If you take the glucose, test after an hour and you should be normal.
Another hypo preventer is Lucozade. It works pretty quickly. You can have some in your school bag without the other kids wanting to know what it is.

JimmyD

Hi

We use the tablets as well, best to get some. My daughter doesn't always tell us when she is low so as a parent if you were to remember how you felt so you can either test yourself or alert your parents that would be great.
You are doing so well with this.
Cheers JimmyD

flojo1234

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
hello everyone,
i do have some lucozade glucose tablets in my school bag, in my handbag, in my mums handbag and about four packets in my medicians box. i just checked my sugar level before tea and it was 16.2 so it has gone up. hopefully it well go down a bit but not too much! thanks.
from chloe. :D

Stuboy

Dislikes
Crowds. Being high. Being Hypo.
Lucozade tablets are the future.

Hypo Stops are good too, very good. dont taste all that great but they do the job very well... and they are free on prescription too. you get 3 in a box and all you need is 1 tube to fix the hypo.

I keeps some in my drawer at work just in case... but mostly i use enjoyable hypo fixes like biscuits and chocolate :D