i am amazed

Yai

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After 22 years of having "the progressive disease" and following NHS guidance, 3 months after finding this forum, moving house and finding a new diabetic nurse, and eating lchf, I have just received HbA1c results. On 9 Feb it was 66 and today 44. Medication reduced, and weight dropped by 7 kilos. I am so amazed, thankful to be improving ny health, and angry not to have been able to help myself more at an earlier stage.

My diabetic nurse was ecstatic and enthusiastic in her praise - no mention about the diet, just that everything has improved because I have lost weight. Baby steps in the right direction and another test in 3 months.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
That's brilliant - well done! :) :)

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow! That's such a good drop and just shows that T2 doesn't have to be a progressive disease. Well done, I'm glad you found lchf eventually. Great news :) Keep up the good work :)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant! No wonder your nurse was pleased - but next time you see her, do tell her how you did it. This may help someone else in your surgery. Very well done. :)

Yai

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Brilliant! No wonder your nurse was pleased - but next time you see her, do tell her how you did it. This may help someone else in your surgery. Very well done. :)
Oh I did tell her exactly what I have been eating and which foods spike me, but she chose not to attribute the diet to the result.

Reactions: Ultramum

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh I did tell her exactly what I have been eating and which foods spike me, but she chose not to attribute the diet to the result.
Cognitive dissonance of the highest order but unfortunately not very surprising... great effort on your part tho very well done indeed. Did she put her fingers in her ears and go "la la la" when you tried to tell her how?

Reactions: Ultramum

carol43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations, keep up the good work..
Pity my BIL isn't managing his T2 at all as he has now gone onto insulin and this is after I drilled into him about LCHF. He said - well my DN said it's progressive and she knows all about diabetes. Arggg!!!!!!

Rosiegough_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Evil beings. Destroying our beautiful Planet X
After 22 years of having "the progressive disease" and following NHS guidance, 3 months after finding this forum, moving house and finding a new diabetic nurse, and eating lchf, I have just received HbA1c results. On 9 Feb it was 66 and today 44. Medication reduced, and weight dropped by 7 kilos. I am so amazed, thankful to be improving ny health, and angry not to have been able to help myself more at an earlier stage.

My diabetic nurse was ecstatic and enthusiastic in her praise - no mention about the diet, just that everything has improved because I have lost weight. Baby steps in the right direction and another test in 3 months.
Well done xx

diabeticon

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Well Done!

diabeticon

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Hi there! New to the forum...where do you post the quick stats on your health so that they show up in your posts? Thanks!

kumera

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi there! New to the forum...where do you post the quick stats on your health so that they show up in your posts? Thanks!
Hi, took me a while to find out, but it's under settings 'signature' on the left if you click on your avatar :)

Art Of Flowers

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Well done. :)

LCHF seems to be so much more effective in reducing blood sugars than just taking pills. It is a pity that the NHS do not seem to recognise this as it would save them billions and save millions of diabetes suffers the pain of severe diabetic complications. The health service is in crisis, but this is partly self inflicted by poor dietary advice which has resulted in the epidemic of obesity and diabetes.

I am seeing my diabetes nurse this morning. I will tell her of the benefits of LCHF. My HbA1C has dropped from 59 to 44 in the last three months.