I am not perfect but I try

MikeTurin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just got the latest blood tests.
FBG was 4.5 (the same morning I gave the blood for the test my meter said was 5)
Hba1c was 4.7%.

Th even if in the meantime I gained some weight and eating now and the some treat like patisserie ice creams or frozen cupcakes. Probably counting the total carb intake helped to the results.

The bad news are that I have somewhat gained weight. Monday I have an appointment with my GP.

SockFiddler

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Don't forget that your HbA1c is an average figure over the last three months, not what your blood was doing at that time on that day, but with that said congratulations on the nice numbers!

Treats and weight gain... what are you comfortable with? It's a question of living vs surviving and where do you want to draw that line. If you're happy and still feel it's under control, more power to you.

Perfection's boring anyway. People who are just-a-little-bit-bad are far more fun :D

Have a great weekend!

Sock x

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
Just got the latest blood tests.
FBG was 4.5 (the same morning I gave the blood for the test my meter said was 5)
Hba1c was 4.7%.

Th even if in the meantime I gained some weight and eating now and the some treat like patisserie ice creams or frozen cupcakes. Probably counting the total carb intake helped to the results.

The bad news are that I have somewhat gained weight. Monday I have an appointment with my GP.
Don't panic. You can correct this with sensible diet and regular exercise. Your bgls appear quite good so you are doing well. The main goal here is to live within a healthy style and avoid foods that will raise blood glucose. Carbs are the enemy so learn to have those things that are not carb loaded, keep your fluid intake up and stay active. We are here to help when ever possible. You are in good company.

D

Deleted Account

I see managing diabetes as a bit like cleaning your teeth.

I habitually clean my teeth twice a day and, so far, I have no fillings. Very occasionally, I go to bed very very tired and forget to clean my teeth. The next morning, my mouth is furry and unpleasant but I get the toothbrush out and start feeling better pretty soon afterwards. One rare night without teeth cleaning is not going to lead to my teeth falling out. But, if I do this often, it will.

With diabetes, I habitually take my medicine (insulin, in my case), exercise and am careful with my diet. Very occasionally, I have a day of slobbing on the sofa with a tub of icecream or a whole packet of biscuits and miscalculate my insulin. The next day, my BG is a bit high but I go back to my usual regime and start feeling better pretty quickly. One rare day of bad diabetes management is not going to lead to neuropathy or retinopathy or heart disease. But, if i do this often, it will.

This is a long winded way of saying, don't beat yourself up for having a treat.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Don't worry I am not perfect and I am very trying !!
CAROL

MikeTurin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you all! I was needing some support, because it's difficult everyday remember that one have diabetes.
I've found that if you say you have diabetes people don't understand because they either think you are T1 because you are slim so you are on injections or are asking why you are slim.

The worst thing is that of couse when I know that there will be cake I start to make room so don't touch bread or potatoes, taking a small plate of pasta and so on, then the host decides that I can't have the cake because of diabetes (happened last day... grrr...) Maybe I have to say i am following the TARDIS diet, instead. (At least I find immediately if the other guy likes th Doctor)

MikeTurin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today I've talked with my GP that suggested to stop with medications, I've agreed on statins but I'm a bit unsure ion cutting on metformin, because first of all I don't have any side effects and after that I'm not sure that I can stay on these values without it.
She unfortunately found that I maybe have some problem of hig blood pressure so I have to check daily and track the results.

StevePayne

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not flying.....
Yup, same here. Latest blood sugar, cholesterol, and blood pressure results all good, but have relaxed a bit and put some weight on (not much but my target was to lose another 5lb or so, not put in on....) Ho-hum, so.... have started to concentrate a bit more and get things back on track.

It's not a sprint, it's a marathon (a very long one - I hope - I've just turned 50 and I hope to be doing this for a few decades yet!)

:)

Reactions: MikeTurin