I have excessive hunger and excessive thirst do i have diabetes?

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Other
My Mean Blood Glucose 108 mg/dl which I checked seemed normal. But I have excessive hunger and thirst I don't go bathroom frequently thou. I am 6ft,104kg,18year old.

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My Mean Blood Glucose 108 mg/dl which I checked seemed normal. But I have excessive hunger and thirst I don't go bathroom frequently thou. I am 6ft,104kg,18year old.

Hi there,

Having excessive hunger and thirst doesn't necessarily mean you have diabetes, however if you think you might have you should of course go to the doctor.
In the meantime, at your age, many people have the same problem you do, its usually brought on by eating way too much processed food , fizzy drinks, sports drinks, sweets.and crisps etc if that in anyway describe your diet then its quite likely you have far too much sugar in your diet. Looking at the numbers you supplied, I'm guessing you would feel more comfortable if you were a bit slimmer?

If you look at this website you can input data to find out the range you should be aiming for related to how old you are
www.smartbmicalculator.com

You could give yourself a cool " cold turkey challlenge" and spend just a week eating real foods , instead of anything from a packet, you should find that your weight starts to drop quickly. It might be quite hard for a few days, because you will have a lot of sugar in your body, and that creates a demand for more, but you will soon find you feel much better without the huge thirst and hunger. .

If you take a look at this website, they have some great advice for anyone looking to get a bit lighter and adopt a healthy diet .
. https://www.dietdoctor.com/
good luck !