I hope justice prevails

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm not sure if any of you have followed this story here in Australia about a registered nurse who has been charged with the murder of 2 elderly ladies she was supposed to be caring for? She's was on trial and pleading not guilty. But this just makes me so upset that people would even dare use insulin to kill people. I'm not sure how they'd prove she did it. There is a docco report on it coming up this Sunday on our TV here. I heard on the shorts that at least one of the ladies was supposed to get 9 units of insulin and instead she was given 150 units. :eek: But this is the report early November from ABC here. Thankfully she was found to be guilty. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-...ing-two-patients-nursing-home-ballina/7987084

Edit: Please ignore my title to post as I thought initially she hadn't been found guilty as yet... didn't realise the trial was over until I found above article (was looking at one end of October). But I had been interested to know what would happen since I heard the news a couple of years back.

Last edited:

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I just saw the tv report on this lady and after a trial she has been found guilty of 2x murders of non diabetic ladies. She injected a full vial of insulin on each one of them. She is due to be sentenced for the murders next month. She was a de-registered nurse for misconduct and for some reason she was re-registered again in 2012 and they don't know why that happened. So sad that they would allow someone who doesn't like elderly people to work with elderly people and use insulin to kill them. They have a suspicion she may have done this before as 2 other ladies in another home she worked in also were injected with insulin but thankfully they survived.