I really want a baby!

wannabemammy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
My last one at mid September was 7.8 @Amy.W I have since got a Libre sensor and it's helping me catch highs before they happen so I'm really hoping for 7.3/7.4 by mid November for the next one! My DSN said she would make a decision then on whether or not I could go ahead as this as been going on long enough! I truly believe if I was to fall pregnant that my hba1c would get tighter again and I've told her this!

MelissaC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good luck Melissa:happy: I'm newish to the forum and noticed this post and rings very close to the same situation i'm in. Been trying hard to get my hba1c down to under 7.0%. I've had diabetes for 20 years and have only been at 7% once.
Been at pre-preg clinic for over a year, was on injections and got a pump 5 months ago. Been improving very very slowly and the last hba1c was 7.8% (62 mol). If it takes longer than expected to get to target on in injections i would inquire about a pump as in my case my basal insulin wasnt working for me and a pump was the next option :)

Hiya, thanks for your message!

I'm glad to hear your blood sugars have been getting better, even if it's at a slow and steady pace, that's good :) Yes I have thought that if I can't get it under more control then I will think about moving onto a pump, it's just a big change!

Melissa x

MelissaC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hboyt im in the same situation it's very frustrating! My pre pregnancy clinic advised me not to start on a pump though to keep going with injections!

Hi @wannabemammy

It is isn't it, it would be so nice to be 'normal' and just start trying for a baby.

Oh that's interesting, I thought they would advise going on a pump as there's a good chance your sugars would improve. I'm still waiting for my pre-preg appointment - must chase the docs!!

Melissa x

M

mist

I made a baby cupcake once. It was glorious..:D

Actually, it might have been a muffin! Either way it was really small..:joyful:

wannabemammy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I got the go ahead to try for a Baby! Very happy with myself!still trying to get my sugars lower though. Anyone else have an update?

Pilzy-89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@wannabemammy Yay! So happy for you! Well done Will you want to begin trying straight away or get your sugars lower first?

My update... 8 weeks pregnant tomorrow, one more week until my early scan and I get to see baby bean hoping everything goes well this week though... this part is like living on a knife edge! Sugars are not cooperating much at the moment either, constantly battling from 2's to 9's, that in itself makes me worry a lot I am doing the best I can at the mo and I guess that's all I can do!

wannabemammy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
thank you Pilzy! Im overjoyed! Im going to start trying straight away but keep working on lowering my a1c. its weird, since I got the go ahead my sugars have already improved! Its like I got that extra bit of motivation!!

you are doing brilliantly! hopefully those sugars settle for you soon but 9 isnt dangerously high either! I know its easy for me to say though I would be the same as you. I'd say you cant wait for the scan next week! Come back and let us know how it goes wont you?!

MelissaC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow well done both! Sounds like you are both doing super well!

No real improvement on my sugars at the moment. I'm still waiting to hear back about a pre-preg appointment - gonna chase the docs as I'm fed up of struggling on my own!! x

Amy.W

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Aww wannabeamammy this has made my day. So exciting. I have had my 20 week scan about two weeks ago. We're having a little boy. All looks good and he is an average size. I'm now starting to look pregnant. I can't believe how quick it is going although I know the waiting feeling for each scan seems to last forever. Well done everyone. Xx

Reactions: MelissaC and azure

Pilzy-89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Definitely chase them on the appointment MelissaC, I hope you're not struggling too much, we are always here if you need to vent

I had a 13.9 the other day practically cried my new set didn't go in properly and I didn't realise. I will definitely let you know how it goes on Sunday wannabemammy.

Aww Amy.W how exciting for you too! A little boy! Glad everything is well - even just my first scan seems to be taking forever, but then all being well, I only have to wait 3 weeks until my 12 week, a few days before Christmas.

Xx

wannabemammy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Aww wannabeamammy this has made my day. So exciting. I have had my 20 week scan about two weeks ago. We're having a little boy. All looks good and he is an average size. I'm now starting to look pregnant. I can't believe how quick it is going although I know the waiting feeling for each scan seems to last forever. Well done everyone. Xx

Ah thanks Amy! and for all the advice so far! That goes to all of you girls! I really think speaking to other t1d helped!

Amy I'm sooo excited for you! You must be really enjoying the pregnancy knowing your little boy is doing well. That's great news halfway there now Hun. When's the due date?

Pilzy your control sounds amazing, i strive to be like that! I am told the odd high won't affect the baby so don't be too hard on yourself! Can't wait to hear how Sunday goes for you!

Melissa well done for being pro active about getting a pre pregnancy clinic appointment sooner rather than later.i travel 100km to mine and 100km back home again once a month and its worth the trip. My team are amazing and there's no way I'd be where I am today without them. Even if I wasn't trying for a baby my control had improved so much I will never let myself go again! It's well worth it xxx

MelissaC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've chased my docs for an appointment, apparently something hadn't been done right that end!! So I have now been referred properly to the pre-preg clinic, just waiting for an appointment :) x