I recieved my new Wavesense Jazz from AgaMatrix and ...

madusmacus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I got my new wavesense jazz

Amazon decided to ship me 2 packs of sticks for this wavesenze jazz that were USE BY 2013 - *** amazon but
they told me to destroy them and gave me an instant refund

Agamatrix uk have sent me control solutions and a proprietary usb cable for the free Zero Click software for free! and
You can turn the beeps off and the software runs perfectly in windows 7 (people reported other wise)
So far I must say im impressed :¬) - the built in zones - tagging of pre post and the graphing are fun.
if I had to nit pick it would be the screen is curved and reflects all the lights in it

Now to the values
The wave sense jazz reports EXACLTY the same as my current freestyle lite sticks so...

I can only conclude that I must have had 2-3 tubs of freestyle lite sticks that were bad or at the end of their legal testing range.
I have manually added 0.8mmol to all my last tub of freedom stick readings in my spread sheet and
that seems to have pulled the readings back into line
Personally I think I have just been very unlucky with the freedom lite sticks

I have ordered some packs of wavesense jazz sticks from our shop and I will update if I seem a jump in baselines when using them

madusmacus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok second day on this and I just got an 8.8mmol from a soapy washed dryed with warm water hands
I could not believe this so I tested 10 time YES 10 from 5 fingers top and bottom and I got every result possible between 8.8 mmol and 5.5 mmol

I conclude I am a weirdo and by bloods screwed up and changes 3.3mmol every 30 seconds or.....
This meters a "lode of olde bollox" as well

Just for old time sake I did 5 consecutive tests with my old freestyle lite and I got 5.1 to 5.5mmol readings

SO I cant recommend this meter sad realy :¬(

P.S. im leaning towards the conclusion its me I am an alien (swapped at birth) and cant use this technology

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok second day on this and I just got an 8.8mmol from a soapy washed dryed with warm water hands
I could not believe this so I tested 10 time YES 10 from 5 fingers top and bottom and I got every result possible between 8.8 mmol and 5.5 mmol

I conclude I am a weirdo and by bloods screwed up and changes 3.3mmol every 30 seconds or.....
This meters a "lode of olde bollox" as well

Just for old time sake I did 5 consecutive tests with my old freestyle lite and I got 5.1 to 5.5mmol readings

SO I cant recommend this meter sad realy :¬(

P.S. im leaning towards the conclusion its me I am an alien (swapped at birth) and cant use this technology

It's hard to reconcile how you could be that unlucky with two manufacturers and several boxes of strips.......

- Do you squeeze the site to make it bleed?
- What sort of soap do you use? (At one point I thought a particularly perfumed handwash resulted in higher readings. Whilst inconclusive, I now rinse very carefully and thoroughly if we're using that variant.)
- Are these rogue readings at different times of the day?
- All "after" or all "before" readings?
- Have you tried changing lancets between tests? (Not that I think that would make any difference, but if you're like the rest of us, it would be good to use a few up. Ahem.)

It's certainly mystifying when it seems so all over the place.

Obviously, you're going with the 5.1, right?

Reactions: 2 people

madusmacus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's hard to reconcile how you could be that unlucky with two manufacturers and several boxes of strips.......

- Do you squeeze the site to make it bleed?
- What sort of soap do you use? (At one point I thought a particularly perfumed handwash resulted in higher readings. Whilst inconclusive, I now rinse very carefully and thoroughly if we're using that variant.)
- Are these rogue readings at different times of the day?
- All "after" or all "before" readings?
- Have you tried changing lancets between tests? (Not that I think that would make any difference, but if you're like the rest of us, it would be good to use a few up. Ahem.)

It's certainly mystifying when it seems so all over the place.

Obviously, you're going with the 5.1, right?

- Do you squeeze the site to make it bleed? NO

- What sort of soap do you use? SOME GENERIC BRAND but its not that because 10 readings 8.8 to 5.5 are from one hand wash

(At one point I thought a particularly perfumed handwash resulted in higher readings. Whilst inconclusive, I now rinse very carefully and thoroughly if we're using that variant.) - Good point

- Are these rogue readings at different times of the day? 10 readings 8.8 to 5.5 are from one hand wash - 5 fingers within 5 mins

- All "after" or all "before" readings? All within 5 minutes

- Have you tried changing lancets between tests? I changed lancets every 2 readings - band new pack of lancets too

The only conclusion is I am not human :¬) I am almost sure now

It seems freestyle lite is far better meter BUT its let down by bad tubs of sticks
I can probably buy 4 tubs at a time now and if I get a "Bad" tub throw it away

Thanks for reading :¬)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I would always say if you have a rogue reading you wash again before retesting, to remove any potential for digital contamination.

Try really, really rinsing. I know it sounds bonkers, but the sweet smelling handwash had me freaked for a while.....................

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I've had readings that change rapidly within a few minutes.
I do tend to test solely at the worst times though, and can alter the readings with exercise, changing temperature (washing my hands, then holding a bag of frozen food, changing hands, etc.
I have decided that testing is mostly useful, my HbA1c suggests my average is lower than my meter says it should be (bearing in mind my meter average will always be the high end, that seems correct), so I do tend to use my meter for my day to day trends, and so long as my HbA1c is ok, I figure I'm getting a true reflection of my highs, and not missing any spikes, and at other times my BS will be lower on average.

madusmacus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've had readings that change rapidly within a few minutes.
I do tend to test solely at the worst times though, and can alter the readings with exercise, changing temperature (washing my hands, then holding a bag of frozen food, changing hands, etc.
I have decided that testing is mostly useful, my HbA1c suggests my average is lower than my meter says it should be (bearing in mind my meter average will always be the high end, that seems correct), so I do tend to use my meter for my day to day trends, and so long as my HbA1c is ok, I figure I'm getting a true reflection of my highs, and not missing any spikes, and at other times my BS will be lower on average.

yep this weeks made me kind of go into "I don't give a monkeys anymore" mode
I will treat all readings from all meters as warnings only from now on
if it alarms (out of min max ranges) ill take notice but im not goanna bother believing their units at all
they could be reporting in pufty ping bong units as far as I belive them :¬)

cheers all

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
yep this weeks made me kind of go into "I don't give a monkeys anymore" mode
I will treat all readings from all meters as warnings only from now on
if it alarms (out of min max ranges) ill take notice but im not goanna bother believing their units at all
they could be reporting in pufty ping bong units as far as I belive them :¬)

cheers all

I tend to go off my HbA1c, as my main result.
From that I know what my average off my meter should be, so it's easy enough to estimate what the highs and lows should be, and it my meter is broadly in line I'm good.
The other thing to bear in mind is capillary blood can be higher than venous blood, so again, if my HbA1c is ok, and my meters high, it would suggest my core blood, that's swilling around my internal organs is probably lower than my capillary blood, so again I don't panic too much for the odd rogue reading, particularly if I can get it down easily.

madusmacus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
my last once a year 1AC was 36
dunno how it was that good but that's what they said

all down to not eating carbs at all for 6 months - or trying to not eat carbs.
also lost 12 killos in weight over the time too -(need another 12 realy)

hardest thing I found so far was no more larger only red wine and occasional vodka :¬)

:¬)

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I find Coors light isn't bad, and decent micro brewery bitters and pale ales.
That's the benefit of having a meter to check with.