Not open for further replies.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Guys several posts have been the subject of moderation.

Could I please remind all posters that posters whose posts are serially edited or removed, are likely to be subject to warnings and/or a ban from the relevant thread or entire Forum. Nobody wants to go down that route, I'm sure.

Thank you.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Guys several posts have been the subject of moderation.

Could I please remind all posters that posters whose posts are serially edited or removed, are likely to be subject to warnings and/or a ban from the relevant thread or entire Forum. Nobody wants to go down that route, I'm sure.

Thank you.
I understand. Unfortunately Ive already read the harsh hurtful words. Back to lurking or nothing.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh, come on, guys/gals, we're all kinda losing the plot here!

Sure, there's been a bit of tension recently. Having read the posts in question (which, properly read and understood, show absolutely none of the violence which people who haven't actually read them say they do), it seems to me that the people who are bailing out are people who are a bit annoyed that the rest of us are not as enthusiastic about lchf as they are.

That's not being aggressive, it's just a different point of view. I mdi on a not particularly low carb diet, and I don't suffer from wild rollercoasters, I'm not hypoing every ten minutes, I've no complications after 30 years in the game, and I'm sure as hell not going to tell a newly dx'd T1 to avoid toast!
Oh, come on, guys/gals, we're all kinda losing the plot here!

Sure, there's been a bit of tension recently. Having read the posts in question (which, properly read and understood, show absolutely none of the violence which people who haven't actually read them say they do), it seems to me that the people who are bailing out are people who are a bit annoyed that the rest of us are not as enthusiastic about lchf as they are.

That's not being aggressive, it's just a different point of view. I mdi on a not particularly low carb diet, and I don't suffer from wild rollercoasters, I'm not hypoing every ten minutes, I've no complications after 30 years in the game, and I'm sure as hell not going to tell a newly dx'd T1 to avoid toast!
And I couldn’t be happier FOR YOU. just because your good with you doesn’t mean it’s good for all of us. Deepest apologies if I sound harsh to you and I’m happy you figured it out! We all aren’t so fortunate. We’re obviously very different. Um....when did I tell a newbie to avoid toast? I know which thread you’re talking about and my lips were sealed.
Please know I wasn’t picking only on you. My other posts of others members were deleted.

Last edited:

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dear Kristin251

This forum is a tool, one more in the armory of things we have available to help us deal with our condition. Yes we assist others in the process but primarily we each help ourselves.

If like me you find the above statement to be true, then do not deprive yourself of this by walking away.

Just learn to ignore some of what upsets you.

Wishing you well whatever you decide

Pavlos

Reactions: geefull and Prem51

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dear Kristin251

This forum is a tool, one more in the armory of things we have available to help us deal with our condition. Yes we assist others in the process but primarily we each help ourselves.

If like me you find the above statement to be true, then do not deprive yourself of this by walking away.

Just learn to ignore some of what upsets you.

Wishing you well whatever you decide

Pavlos
This forum is much more than a tool. It’s a complete wealth of great knowledge. And I have ignored but it got old. Then I saw all the ones I love and miss already. Some I never even really knew have been so sweet. Many are like family To me. Dust will settle. Time will move forward.

Thanks for your kind words.

Last edited:

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This forum is much more than a tool. It’s a complete wealth of great knowledge. And I have ignored but it got old. Then I saw all the ones I love and miss already. Some I never even really knew have been so sweet. Many are like family To me. Dust will settle. Time will move forward.

Thanks for your kind words.
Indeed it is much more than just a tool, it is a place where real people with real experiences and real feelings interact

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Kristin251

Don't let the bugg*rs grind you down, you are stronger than that, you are sweet and kind with a heart of gold. If everyone at the wrong end of the bullies left, all we would be left with are the bullies. Stay, and use the report button. And I say the same to @serenity648

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
<<<<<<
I have made mistakes, I cannot deny that, but there have been times when I have thought that comments have been directed at me soley because of my status as a T2 rather than in regard to what I have said. >>>>>>

I have had this levelled at me several times on this forum, often unjustified, and YES it hurts. I do a lot of research into the Big D including reading about the challenges of taking insulin, since one day this may be applicable to me and I need to know. I also have several T1D friends and neighbours,

I do not object at all if what I post is actually wrong or dangerous for a T1or T1,5, and I cheerfully accept it when someone points this out and gives proper reason why it is wrong, since this is how we can all learn from it. But most times it is simply put across as =" this is is a T1D thread - butt out" and often it turns out to be a T1D Moderarator stepping in as the overiding authority, Unfortunately, when I read a thread in the recent postings section, it is not often clear that the OP is a T1D or even Insulin dependent, so unless I go back and read the OP and work it out,then I try to respond with a general comment that I feel could be relevant to the discusssion at the point where I join the thread. There is no clue in the web address that it is an exclusive club.

The corollary to this is when I discuss my own pathway, and a T1D comes in and starts telling me to go onto insulin immediately or go for the ID tests asap just because my body can tolerate high bgl levels without symptoms, I feel better off when high (esp as an ex hippy) and without my meter I am blind to T2D. But I do not tell them to butt out, or that the thread I started as OP is a T2D thread,

Again, this response seems to be linked to T1D moderators. There are times when elections to Moderators comes around that there is a temptation to only select T2D applicants, but I have forced myself to resist that urge. I admit to having voted by abstension for an agressive moderator up for re-election in the past, but only when I see them being bullying to other posters too. I try not to be ruled by personal pique. But no one is perfect ( except my daughter of course)

Last edited:
Reactions: Prem51

Robbieswan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well I like this forum. What that ultimately counts for I dunno, but I do. People offloading, sharing, helping. Sure, like any " group" of people you will get a few who will want to leave for their own reasons, but I have only been here a very short while, I see more people joining than leaving.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The need for extensive moderation of this thread, due to several posters' antagonistic posts, has led to the decision to close the thread.

Members are reminded that personal attacks, and entering discussion to belittle others are serious breaches of forum rules.

Also, disputes are better dealt with by PM, you can include moderators if you feel the need for referees. Another alternative is to use the 'ignore' and / or 'report' options.

Status
Not open for further replies.