Ibuprofen

Emmerdale

Can an yone tell me if it is ok to take ibuprofen Tablets and use ibuprofen gel i am type 2 diabetic any help please ??

C

chris lowe

Hi Emmerdale, I sometimes take Naproxen for a dodgy back which is similar to Iboprofen in that it is non steroid thingy. I have just checked my leaflet in the Metformin packet and it just says to advise your doctor if you take non steroidal medicine - it doesn't specifically say don't use them. If you can't ask your GP or nurse I'm sure your pharmacist would advise you. Hope whatever it is that's giving you pain sorts itself out soon.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I agree with Chris that you should check with your Pharmacist first.

abs

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You can use them however not together the gel or the tablets and when you buy tell them your diabetic it's more of a issue with using them if your asthmatic.

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Ibuprofen can interact with various drugs, but another issue is that if it's causing gastric upset, you might mistakenly put it down to another cause, such as Metformin side effects, nausea etc. Best to check with Pharmacist or Doctor before taking any new drug. Always take Ibuprofen or other anti-inflammatories with food, to protect your stomach.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
You should not use Ibuprofen if you are asthmatic as it can bring on an exacerbation but not sure about other conditions, as already stated ask your pharmacist and tell him/her about any meds and conditions you may have.