Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
the heat
been really wanting ice cream lately
a few days ago an ad popped up on my facebook for perfect world ice cream
gluten, dairy, soy, and sugar free
its in tesco £4 500ml tub, i could only find the choc chip
deceided to have some last night and it was so good i ate the lot (oops) did a reading an hour later as was going to bed and glucose levels were..............5.7 i couldnt believe it after eating all that ice cream
its now going to be added to my weekly shop but i will transfer to smaller portion size containers so i dont over do it again

Reactions: zand and Bon83

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's the problem with ice-cream it's so easy to have too much. :) Does it actually taste like ice-cream when it's dairy and sugar free?

D

Deleted Account

Sounds fantastic.
One word of caution: due to the high proportion of fat in ice cream, the spike may come more than an hour after eating.

licklemoose

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
the heat
That's the problem with ice-cream it's so easy to have too much. :) Does it actually taste like ice-cream when it's dairy and sugar free?
it wasnt sickly like ice cream and had a slight nutty taste to it as they use nuts as a substitute for dairy and natural accouring sugars, i really enjoyed it and would deffinatly buy again

Reactions: zand

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've tried two Perfect World flavours so far. Really enjoyed the choc one, but found the carrot cake one bizarre and not pleasant.
Our local big Tescos tends to only have one flavour at a time, and then don't change until they run out. So the carrot cake ones sat there for a looooong time. Haha!

These are the ingredients for the choc version, as listed on the Tescos site. Fortunately, there is absolutely nothing listed that raises my blood glucose.

Ingredients:
Water, Sweeteners (Xylitol, Erythritol, Steviol Glycosides), Coconut Milk, Free Range Egg Yolk, Almonds, Cashews, Cocoa Powder, Chocolate Chips (Cocoa Mass, Sweetener - Xylitol, Cocoa Butter, Emulsifier - Sunflower Lecithin), Chicory Root Fibre, Stabilisers (Guar Gum, Xanthan Gum, Carob Bean Gum), Vegetable Glycerin, Natural Flavours, Salt

SockFiddler

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And here's me pondering the next Tesco order...

Awesome

EDIT: SCORE! Double-choc chip AND Caramel Pecan in my Tesco. And Euan's birthday on Tuesday.

Last edited:

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I would try it if it wasn't for the sweeteners. My alternative to ice cream is a few frozen berries mixed with double cream or greek yoghurt blended together in a nutribullet. Lateley I have thrown in a few chia seeds.
It is wonderfully tasty and cold and I defy anyone to find a tastier, simpler alternative esp one without all the additives. Job's a goodun.

SockFiddler

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh, oh, oh, @Guzzler !

I so completely agree with you! It's AMAZING. I don't use a nutribullet, though: the fat in the cream stops the fruit from freezing it into a total lump, so you can mix and move it around, and as you do so, the fruit (especially the raspberries and blackberries) break up into their little bubble parts, but the bubbles stay frozen.

It's just the most fabulous thing - especially for breakfast on a hot day.

Reactions: Guzzler

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
been really wanting ice cream lately
a few days ago an ad popped up on my facebook for perfect world ice cream
gluten, dairy, soy, and sugar free
its in tesco £4 500ml tub, i could only find the choc chip
deceided to have some last night and it was so good i ate the lot (oops) did a reading an hour later as was going to bed and glucose levels were..............5.7 i couldnt believe it after eating all that ice cream
its now going to be added to my weekly shop but i will transfer to smaller portion size containers so i dont over do it again
Don't get too complacent, as it can catch you out on occasion. But, I wish you well!