Ideas for teatime food

borderter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes! Celebrities and curry
Have oats for breakfast all good,cooked midday meal again no problem but find it hard to have teatime food as really find bread raises bgs loads and salad etc okay for some days omelette okay too but would love some fresh ideas for that one meal im finding boring

Reactions: Freema

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
lidl protein rolls with cheese and green pepper on top.. the rolls taste almost like real bread, I love them and they are low carb
or berries with doubble cream

Last edited:

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Stir fry, almond or cashew chicken, fathead pizza, roasted meat with veggies, snack type tray with hard boiled eggs, cheese, cold meats, pickles, veggies and dip. Look up low carb main dishes on google and you will get tons of ideas.

borderter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes! Celebrities and curry
Thanks food for thought pardon the pun .Dont have lydl here so wondering if anyone else does the rolls

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I generally have some protein avocado and some quick steamed veg.
Bulk cooking various proteins and freezing in my portion sizes helps me a great deal. Then I have loads of options, less shopping and less time in the kitchen. At bf I take a baggie out to defrost in water for lunch and at lunch I take a baggie out to defrost for dinner. Rare beef or lamb, chicken, turkey, shrimp, canned tuna and salmon. ( I freeze the left overs and they are just fine) Then I just add avocado and some veggies. Either raw or steamed. Meal done in no time and very little mess to clean.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Have oats for breakfast all good,cooked midday meal again no problem but find it hard to have teatime food as really find bread raises bgs loads and salad etc okay for some days omelette okay too but would love some fresh ideas for that one meal im finding boring

Soup is delicious, especially homemade if you cook in batches and then freeze.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Soup is delicious, especially homemade if you cook in batches and then freeze.

I make homemade burgers, meat balls and fish cakes.

Edited - to add a warm chicken and bacon salad.