Ill diabetic woman fined

leigh74_uk

My diabetic wife was taken ill with a hypoglycaemic attack recently, which caused us to be late returning to a car park by 34 minutes. The company 'Parking Eye Car Park Management' have had no sympathy whatsoever and have just dismissed our argument without any consideration of the facts. We have received a fine of £50!

We would be grateful for your support at:

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/boycott-blackwood-retail-park-shops-and-parking.html

The company in question can be found here: www.parkingeye.co.uk

We also have a Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/255720101151896/

Please click on the links in the message below.......

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I can confirm with 100% certaintly that you DO NOT HAVE TO PAY THE FINE!!!

Not because you have a valid reason not to - but because the fine is not lawful! Parking Eye is a private company and they do not have the right to impose a fne on you.

They've tried to fine me £80 for an overstay in an Aldi car park. I ignored their first notification. They sent another, this time, with a photo of my car leaving the car park. I ignored that too.

Never heard from then again. Their "fines" are not actually fines, they're "speculative invoices".

Do a google search - you'll find LOTS of info on reasons NOT to pay a penny to "Parking Eye".

If this link doesn't get removed theres some good info:

http://whatastate.org.uk/car-parking-penalties

If it does get removed, just google "whatastate.org.uk demands to pay ridiculous parking charges or fines? Unlawful Car Parking Charges"

Grazer

Write to your MP and copy the company in. You'll be surprised, the MPs love getting involved in stuff like this, good PR for them. You can get your MPs address off the web.

Sue o2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
have signed and also joined your page on facebook :D

Sue

smitha48

Hi There,

I used to work in the private parking industry :roll: and as patch said, they cannot fine you the 'demands' they have sent are an invoice!!

The invoice is valid as long as it abides by the rules, and doesn't mention the words fine/penalty etc, however The company should take into account Extenuating circumstances regarding the breach of rules.....The Hypo being a very extenuating circumstance.

If this happened to me i would ignore the demands......they will eventually give in and pass the 'invoice' to a debt recovery company who will send you a few letters......ignore these as well. Eventually the debt recovery company give in and return the debt to Parking Eye.

The company do have the right to take you to court under contract law, however for a single 'fine' the costs of doing this far outweigh the debt so they tend not to.

DO NOT get scared by all the paperwork you recieve from them or their agents!

I would be happy to review the documentation they sent you or discuss the situation in a PM but you would need to scan and attach any stuff to the PM.

Good luck

Thermal

Another vote in support of the above. DO NOT PAY. The most they can take you to court for is the amount lost by breach of contract, i.e. half an hour's parking charges. They do not have legal authority to issue a fine. Do not even communicate with them, just ignore them.

There is LOADS of information on Moneysavingexpert about this, including the Watchdog article which also advises they cannot fine you.

Caterham

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As discussed by other people, tear it up and throw it away. They will then write to you twice more, then give up.

Please do not waste your energy with these people, just bin it.

hallii

The DVLA are at fault as well, they sell your name and address to any of these cowboys that will pay the fee.

It is time we had a right to withhold our information from such pirates but then the DVLA would lose money.

H