Illness with Diabetes.

Agares

Type of diabetes
Type 1
So this may seem complicated.

Having Type 1 diabetes is a trouble to keep up with in its self. At this moment I have a cold, bunged nose, was sick yesterday and during sick I had blood coming from nose. I struggle to eat when sick, but this time around even a sip of water makes my stomach bubble? And then I'm on the toilet for a good twenty minutes. What I do eat always feels as if it is gonna come up, the doctors tell me I have to eat when taking my insulin, I do my meds even when I'm not eating. On that my sugars still rise real high in the day and dramaticly low (I test more when Ill) around 2(s) during night. Am I the only or is it common?

D

Deleted Account

What insulin regime are you on? Do you take basal/bolus combination such as Novarapid with you meals and Lantus once or twice a day?
This is the usual regime. When on this regime and ill, usually, I need to increase my basal (Lantus), because my base BG is higher than usual, and only take my bolus (NovoRapid) when I eat ... which may not be very often.
I do not need to eat with the Basal (Lantus) Insulin.

Agares

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I am on Humalin M3. So twice a day, Morning (Half an hour before breakfast) and night (half an hour before bed). On top A basic cold can last a week where I'm hit worse in the middle.