i'm juliet rose

julietsumner

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hello, all. i'm juliet, and i was diagnosed type one about 7 years ago at the age of 13. i have NOT been dealing with it well. let's just say 500 readings are... not uncommon. i have binge eating disorder, which causes me to kind of "black out" when i eat, it's called dissociation. i have various mental health issues as well, including borderline personality disorder and post traumatic stress disorder. I am also autistic, but i view that as a gift, more than something to be treated or fixed.
my current a1c is 9.5

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Welcome to Julie and Ally165. I hope you soon settle in. We're a pretty friendly bunch in here.

Reactions: ziggy_w

Kittycat_7_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,
Sorry your struggling, hope you feel happier very soon.
Take care

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hi juliet it turns out im on the spectrum and ive passed it onto 4 of my children. life does like topoop on us some times. now to get tough you need to get those figures down even with an eating disorder ps your not the only one on this forum. do you thinkit may be connected to your autism. any way lets use one of our abilities that of being good at details. start keeping a meal record record everything. work out its carb content and see whats causing those very high numbers. we are here for you dont hesitate to ask for help or ask questions. and welcome to the forum

Last edited:
Reactions: archersuz