I'm lost

letstalk1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
But for significant weight loss I think 130g per day would be too many and would leave the OP open to hunger pangs because of too many carbs being eaten with none of the benefits of having switched to fat burning mode to loose weight. I know that you aren't a great fan of very low carb but for a lot of people with large amounts of weight to loose it really does work.
yup

letstalk1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Personally I use the New Diet Revolution - last edition before Dr A died - simply because the later books would not work for me. I find that I need to eat low carb foods, not just cut down on the heavy starches and sugars. When I do that I can eat anything else without bothering about the amounts - but I have been eating low carb since the 1970s, whenever I could avoid my doctors.
I like Dr Atkins New Diet Rev. the best too.

nounou74

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi everyone. This week was quite difficult. Although not hungry and well respecting my 20gr carbs and even less, keeping lipids and proteins at right levels, I didn't lost one gramme. Even if disappointed, I feel good. Now, you know how it can be demoralising when you do not lose anything :) next week will be better! Will have a look at the other threads on the forum, this will for sure help to get some encouragements. Wishing you all a nice weekend

StewartH

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everybody,
I must recognise I am a bit lost and the more I read, the more I am lost.
I do not have diabetes, but overweight and need to lose weight, a lot of weight..
I think the low carb is a good one for me. Now, what drives me crazy are the macros.
I well understood I ideally must have around 20gr carb, ideally coming from vegetables,
What drives me mad are the macros for proteins and lipids.
How do you define the proteins and lipids you need? Do you well respect these macros or, finally, does only the carbs matters?

Thank you very much for,your views

Don't stress about it too much and don't over think this, just stop eating the carbs. Eat as much protein and delicious fat and vegetable stuff as you feel like, just zero sugar and zero carbs......cold turkey. You wont be hungry because you can always eat protein and fat. In a few weeks you will have transformed your experience of hunger, the nagging hunger that you are familiar with is created by sugar. Without it you can start managing your food intake to deal with your weight . Keep eating varied, interesting and smaller meals but do not go back to carbs or sugar. When you find the right amount to eat you will steadily lose weight and can learn to feed yourself well and enjoyably and still loose it until you are at a perfect weight and enjoying your food. It probably took years to put the weight on so take your time and a year or two to loose it. Then just add a tiny bit more of the same foods and your set for life.

I wish you the best of luck and enjoyment of food and life...

Last edited:
Reactions: nounou74

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
If you feel you're about to fall off the wagon for that bowel of pasta .... cook some up and cool it down and bung it in the freezer for that very moment.
Recooked pasta is very low carb compared to newly cooked pasta same with rice and spuds.
These are good for those moments and for when you're ready to introduce carbs back into your life a little more.
I have done the low carb high fat. High fat is a bit misleading as I find all I'm doing is eating like we did as kids back in the fifties and sixties before the industrialisation of our food began early seventies with semi skimmed skimmed low fat no fat stuff.
So I have butter and cream and for sweetness berries. Nuts pork scratchings a spoonful of coconut oil every morning.
Not only do these fats help fill you up they give the energy needed that you have lost by cutting the carbs.
All my dairy products are full fat.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
My weight went up and down first few weeks then remained static then after about five weeks the weight started to drop off.

ketopaul

Hey

I'm feeling a bit lost myself. I tried a low card in the past and did not watch my macros at all—just kicked out fruit, anything grain and anything sugar-based. I lost only a couple of pounds though. :-( I also found it hard practically, it felt like a lot of effort to find what to east.

This time around, I decided to prepare much better. I've been experimenting with different low carb recipes (like fathead pizza, low carb bread...), and kind of building my toolbox like that. I also plan to cook in bulk for 4-7 days, and drastically simplify my meals. Anyhow, just taking the time to prepare and plan.

I used a macro calculator that's used by the keto community (ketogenic diet), just search keto macros in Google (cannot include links as I'm new). Also MyFitnessPal to track.

Take care!

Paul

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My weight loss slowed right down after a few weeks - but my clothes started dropping off as my shape changed. My waist is 6 inches smaller than at diagnosis 10 months ago.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
My weight loss slowed right down after a few weeks - but my clothes started dropping off as my shape changed. My waist is 6 inches smaller than at diagnosis 10 months ago.
You have a waist!!!!!