I'm 'normal'!

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had my blood test for my HbA1c on Thursday (4 months from diagnosis, 2 months since my last HbA1c). Last test results were on line within 24 hours, but that's not been the case this time. I've been checking every few hours over the weekend, some may say a little obsessive I know, but finally just now my result appeared! My result is 36, non diabetic range! :happy:
The night of my initial diagnosis I posted here in my 'shell shocked' state and I was very quickly showered with advise. I haven't looked back. I didn't realise how poorly I was feeling, til I started feeling better. I have so much more energy now, I sleep better, my hair isn't so greasy and my skin is clearer. I've lost 3 1/2 stone, I've dropped two or three clothes sizes so my avatar for this forum is now perfect. When I made it there wasn't a face fat enough to match mine! :joyful:
All this has been done with the help and support of everyone here, you're all wonderful! I will now get on and tell my GP how I've done it, low carb diet and self monitoring, simple!

Congratulations, you must be very happy !

Reactions: Granny_grump_

Sam50

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
many congratulations-well done !! stories like yours inspire the rest of us to keep on trying xx

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Very motivating, so glad you found this site.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Very motivating, so glad you found this site.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

miriamy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Medics who tell you what to do.
Politicians who blame people for being poor and praise bankers for being rich.
TV
Butter Beans
Great result! Evidence of your hard work. I also got a 36 this year after 3 months folliwong a low carb regime. So came off metformin and tried to continue however... I was overcone with a sense of achievement that led me to abandon my discipline and up went my BG readings! I've been too cowardly to phone for my 3 month results....But I have now joined a new local support group for T1 and T2 diabetics following LCHF with special emphasis on support for behaviour change.

Reactions: miszu

miszu

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Gj, ur post is very funny and inspiring, very proud of u ! keep it up ! ;)))