Immunisations

Julia99

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi
I had my 10 year diphtheria/tetanus/whooping cough booster last Thursday. On Friday I put a new libre sensor on (I only used these once every few weeks to see how things are going). My blood sugars are all over the place! Friday night saw it as low as 2.9, Saturday night a low of 3.4 - then Sunday and today up to 9.3 at times, then 8.4, high 6s. Sometimes 5.8 in between.
I've never had such wide ranging figures, my eating hadn't changed- HFLC so I'm wondering if it's in response to the immunisation.
Has any one else had this? I have had a slightly elevated temperature and a sore red lump at the injection site (it's not infected)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Did you check these Libre readings with your finger pricker?

I find that when I'm in bed asleep the Libre does sometimes drop ridiculously low. I believe this may be because I have been lying on it.

Having said that, it could be as a result of the immunisation, particularly the raised ones.

Julia99

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I checked one when I came home for lunch. Libre said 7.9 accu check said 7.1. The lows have gone, just higher than normal. I always have porridge for breakfast, my only move away from low carb, there is always a slight spike but it rapidly drops. By now I'm normally around 5.4-5.8 - lunch - omelette doesn't make much of a change. However today even 4 hrs after I had eaten it shot up to 9.2!!