Important read for met and insulin users by Jason Fung

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
This is "food for thought" and to some extent what T2's have to do. This article is so obvious I find it brilliant, and I think is the gold standard to aim for. What I think we have to wrestle with are the variables, such as will power / temptation, family life with non-diabetics, the mental side of denial (I know it's rubbish food...but) and accessibility of fast healthy food (I would love to be able to just pick up an olive oil pan fried Sea Bass with onions and veggies when out and about, but use nuts instead), almost all convenience food is carb based. Variables aside I have seen several accounts of "reversals" via either extreme weight loss and or extreme training.

By aiming for a reversal in most cases excellent control can be obtained, then it is making the changes part of a lifestyle - I personally use fear of complications to push myself physically, which works for me because I like working out. Just reviewing many posters signatures we can see superb lowering of the important health markers especially via LCHF. Thanks for the link I am extra motivated to remove the 500 mg of Metformin by Christmas.

January 2015 HbA1c 134, 98 kg
March 2015 HbA1c 59 (2 x 500g Metformin), exercise and diet
Dec 2015 HbA1c 41 (2 x 500g Metformin), exercise and diet, 92 kg
March 2016 HbA1c 42 (1 x 500g Metformin), exercise and diet, 92 kg
June 2016 HbA1c 42 (1 x 500g Metformin), exercise and diet, 92 kg

Reactions: 2 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Totally agree with you. We have to question our impulse motives. I try to see a skull on bad foods. It's ok in very small moderation but a challenge for life. That's the hardest part - knowing we'll never be able to treat when we want forever.

Fasting has really helped regain control and so far, I've never folded on a fast day. To say that is a massive feat for me.

----------
Borderline T2, serial yo-yo dieter but firmly sticking to LCHF with IF