Inbetween Meal Snacks

Looseboy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes
Marks have a number of low carb snacks for example , crackling, crackling crisps , chirizo crisps quite expensive but find 1/3rd of packet quite satisfying , you can also buy from Marks and other supermarkets small pieces of cheese in multipackets whilst more expensive than cutting a chunk off a bigger piece of cheese it is an easy thing to take to work . Olives if you like them are nice but a bit messy. Another thought is that Tesco for example do one boiled egg in a small plastic pot again not to everyone's taste . Mini peppers can be quite nice as well but are higher carb then the other items mentioned

Good shout @dipsydo I often have a selection of those snacks as a lunch.
The mozzarella and sun-dried tomatoes are lovely with a pack of ham
Chorizo cheddar sticks also gets a thumbs up

Reactions: ventra

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've virtually eliminated snacks (took a good couple of months of very low carb to get to that point) even though I eat only one or two meals a day. If I feel the need a few nuts does the trick - or even a cup of tea with cream added.

Tasha61

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello Everyone

I am sat in my office at work and colleagues are munching on biscuits and crisps etc and I was wondering what could be a T2 sufferers go-to snack at work?

Having been told I need to get a grip of my BS levels I thought I would ask. Whats your choice?

Cheers

Bill

Tasha61

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello Everyone

I am sat in my office at work and colleagues are munching on biscuits and crisps etc and I was wondering what could be a T2 sufferers go-to snack at work?

Having been told I need to get a grip of my BS levels I thought I would ask. Whats your choice?

Cheers

Bill
Avocado?

Reactions: ventra

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I don't often snack but when I do its usually something like pork scratchings, a few walnuts, olives, individual little cheeses, babybel, individual size salami or even just slices of cold meats. I find a wander round Lidl provides me 'n' Mr Chook with loads of snacky items.