Indian kino tree powder for type 2 diabetes

blountedith

Has anyone tried Indian kino tree powder? It's supposedly found in India and helps greatly in the generation of pancreatic beta cells. The beta cells are responsible for the production of insulin naturally in the body.

Also does any one have information on its effect on the levels of cholesterol? Has anybody had any success with this?

-- edie

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting find.
Once again beta cell regeneration comes into the playing field.
It has several names and comes in both powdered, standardized (tablets) and a wooden tumbler method.
I've not tried it myself and would be very interested to hear from anyone who has.
I did try a recently touted "saviour" called cassis senna articulatum, or avarum ( natural henna) .
This was in powdered form and wad the worst thing I've put in my mouth since slippery elm.
I found no benefit after 6 weeks use , no side effects either but the medical profession are attempting to synthesize this as it's apparently an indian shrub more powerful than metformin.
So going back to your herb aka Vijaysar,
There are some who seem to swear by it but I'm not qualifed to provide you with the answer you're looking for I'm sorry.
Now then, some folk on this forum can, with some views on the beta cell regeneration in particular.
I think were looking for a Phoenix?:smile:
Naturally, please do chip in if i missed you out!

Sent from my KFTT using DCUK Forum mobile app

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok with some more research you could get the benefit of this and gymnema sylvestre plus more ingredients in Himalaya herbals "Diabecon", you can get this for around £6 inc postage, its not too economical though as your 60 tablet bottle would only last 15 days if you go with the suggested 2 tablets twice a day regime.
Now then, i Haven't tried this, but Himalaya do offer a vast range of natural supplements and remedies and are imported into the UK.
I did also find one company in the uk selling both the powder and tablet form of Vijaysar for around a similar price point.
But like i say, until someone's tried it or it's reviewed by a trusted source then were right back where we started.:smile:

blountedith

Yes, diabecon does have pterocarpus marsupium (latin name for indian kino tree) as a core ingredient in its tablet. The problem with himalaya products is that they do not seem to be 100% vegetarian. When you try to contact himalaya, they do not provide you with an accurate answer and neither does the package state this fact.

I too found an online store called provedic (http://www.provedic.com/uk) that has both the indian kino powder and wooden tumbler. Though its got a UK website selling in pound sterling, in reality it is an Indian company and all the products are sent directly from their warehouse in India. What was interesting is that they have a local UK number that I called and got a great deal of information on indian kino tree or vijaysar as they call it in India. I spoke for a good 10-15 minutes to a customer service agent called Dominic and forwarded my concerns. Here are brief details our conversation:

To begin with, indian kino will only work in diabetes mellitus type 2 (non-insulin dependents diabetes). The success rate their customers have had has been 75-80% in the case of indian kino tree powder and 60-65% in the case of the wooden tumbler. I asked on how he arrived at those numbers and he replied back by stating that repeat orders of all customers are analysed over a period of one year and that is where the statistics came from. He stressed on the fact that in about 20% of customers, these products showed no substantial benefit.

The powder is made from the outer bark of the tree whereas the tumbler is made from the inner core (heartwood). The wooden tumbler essentially lasts about a month and would need replacement thereafter. Water needs to be left overnight in the tumbler and consumed the following morning. Essentially, the water draws the properties of the indian kino wood over night and changes its colour. The powder can be mixed with warm water or milk and consumed twice a day. The powder is more beneficially than the tumbler as it enters your system directly. Each pack of the powder would roughly last 15 days if consumed twice a day.

As far as the certifications are concerned, the powder is manufactured in an ISO 22000 and GMP certified facility. It contains NO-GMO and is a 100% natural product free for any artificial additives or preservatives. He stated that as the tumbler was nothing but a piece of wood, and thus the only certification requirement for this was an Ayurvedic License in India.

He also pointed out that they have an exclusive website for more information on this at www.indiankinotree.com.

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
And there's one from the isle of man called diabane who have recently expanded their range, if you're into a natural alternative that is, I cant vouch for their credibility though:

http://www.diabain.com/inusol.html

Personally, I've been taking fenugreek with vitabiotics diabetone which is vegetarian ( unlike their wellwoman for instance).

Sketcher

Dislikes
Other people's cats in my garden
Success rate of 75% to 80%. Hmmm.... Or is it gullibility rate of 75% to 80%? Repeat purchases are no indicator of efficacy: just look at the number of places selling loads of homeopathic (= diluted water) "remedies" with no proven benefits. We would all love a miracle cure (me included) but it would need some hard evidence to convince me to spend money on such things.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

dollydreamer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tories
auyverdic

hi, i'm very interested in this, i've been taking co enzyme q10 and chromium with fenugeek and gotu kola and my bs improved so much that i've stopped taking victoza and bydeuron so am just on metformin now.
for me, it has stopped the ravaging hunger and my blood sugars don't seem to spike as long as i don't eat anything too overtly sweet. i'm very pleased.

i think i might try this vijaysar and i do think auyverdic herbs can be beneficial in re balancing the body