Induction!

• Thread starter Deleted member 83869
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 83869

So I'm In hospital now and being induced tomorrow evening! Having my first set of steroids at some point tonight! I'm so scared as I am only 33+5 today!

Reactions: 2 people

claire1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Good luck Nicola!!!
How come they're doing you so early? Don't worry, they know what they're doing xx

Reactions: 4 people

MH2010

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hope everythings ok, thats quite early!!
Good luck for tomorrow. Xx

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Good luck Nicola, really hope all goes well tomorrow.

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Arghhhh Nic no way!! They wouldn't be doing it if they didn't think it was for the best so it's good they've kept close check on you, obviously you'll still be freaked out though! How big are they saying she is? Let us know how everything goes, good luck Hun xxxx

Last edited by a moderator:

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
{{big hug}} Keep calm @ohitsnicola That's the best thing you can do :) I used to tell myself that that would send good vibes to baby :)

My 2nd child was born at 35 weeks and she was fine :) Remember twins are often born around 34 weeks.

You're getting the steroids and it's all been planned, so they'll know what they're doing.

Try to get some sleep tonight - it'll stand you in good stead. XX

1Sarah1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @ohitsnicola try get some rest tonight. All my 3 were born at 35w. Just be prepared that baby might need to go into special care for a bit if born this early. Thinking of you sending lots of love xx

Sarahkylie88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Good luck @ohitsnicola.
They will looks after you both, you will be in the best hands. Special care units are fantastically equipped and the staff are so caring. They will look after your little one! Get as much rest as you can! Hope it all goes well! How big do they think baba is? X

D

Deleted member 83869

Il reply to everyone shortly but who's had steriod injections?! I'm due to have mine soon and I'm here on my own as partner wasn't allowed to stay on the ward and I'm getting myself into a state about having to have them! :( xx

claire1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Il reply to everyone shortly but who's had steriod injections?! I'm due to have mine soon and I'm here on my own as partner wasn't allowed to stay on the ward and I'm getting myself into a state about having to have them! :( xx
You've probably had them by now but I've had them.
They were nothing to worry about, I stayed on my pump the whole time and looked after myself.
The worst part is the hourly testing that they do because you don't get a good nights sleep.

Fingers crossed for today, will be thinking of you xxx

claire1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'll also add that after my injections my baby was fine and didn't need any help with her breathing.
She did rattle a lot and was very chesty at first but it didn't last long at all and she didn't need any extra help xx

1Sarah1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi I've had them twice now a bit painful but ok. You will probably have had them now. x

D

Deleted member 83869

I've had my first one I had it at 1 am bloody horrible lol but not as painful as my cannula Which bled and bled and bled!!! I am on the labour ward now! (Not in labour) but get better care up here apparently! X

D

Deleted member 83869

Also on my scan yesterday the estimated weight was roughly 6 lbs 3 I think! Xx

D

Deleted member 83869

Arghhhh Nic no way!! They wouldn't be doing it if they didn't think it was for the best so it's good they've kept close check on you, obviously you'll still be freaked out though! How big are they saying she is? Let us know how everything goes, good luck Hun xxxx
Oh it's my extra fluid as well! And it's safer if she's out than in! Xxx

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Also on my scan yesterday the estimated weight was roughly 6 lbs 3 I think! Xx

Good luck Nicola!!

I have nothing to add on the maternity front as I never got mature enough to have a baby, but I'm sure you'll be fine. Just think of the end result. I'm sure it'll be magical. :nurse:

1Sarah1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've had my first one I had it at 1 am bloody horrible lol but not as painful as my cannula Which bled and bled and bled!!! I am on the labour ward now! (Not in labour) but get better care up here apparently! X
These babies are all worth it once they get here. Hope cannula not too painful. Are you on sliding scale? x